2 National Key Experts – Skills Development 440 w/days each, Kakuma, Kenya
On behalf of the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ), the Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) is supporting the Government of Kenya with the project “Promoting Employment and Entrepreneurship in Turkana West”. The project aims at strengthening the socio-economic self-reliance of youth in the refugee community and the host population in Turkana West.
Output 2 (relevant for the tender) aims to improve the access of young people from the refugee community and the host population in Turkana West sub-county to target group-oriented and employment-oriented skills training.
Key activities in Output 2:
- Expansion of holistic qualification offers that prepare young people for (self-employed) employment.
- Development of a train the trainer module to integrate life skills into technical training.
- Support local training providers in introducing higher-level vocational qualification measures.
- Support local training providers in providing needs-based support to encourage young women’s participation.
- Promote inclusive youth activities to strengthen life skills and social cohesion (e.g., competitions, promotion of selected initiatives by youth groups or representatives).
- Review of and implementation of local employment and labour market analysis
- Identification and mapping of relevant training providers and existing training formats
- Expert 1: Development a holistic qualification approach with selected training providers for youth without secondary school qualifications
- Expert 2: Development a holistic qualification approach with selected training providers for youth with pre-qualification
- Expansion or adaptation of training curricula for the selected qualification formats
- Development and (accompanying) implementation of a Train the Trainer concept to capacitate technical trainers of the selected training providers to include life skills and entrepreneurship/ business skills in the trainings
- Conceptualization and implementation of local, gender- and conflict-sensitive market-and value-chain analysis with focus on potential for employment of the project’s target groups (close coordination with Output 1)
- Education/ training: university qualification (equivalent to German ‘Diplom’/ Master) in social sciences/ human resources development, or similar
- Language: English (C2) and other native languages (e.g.: Kiswahili)
- General professional experience: 5 years of working experience in fragile context
- Specific professional experience: 5 years of professional experience in TVET
- Development Cooperation (DC) experience: 5 years of experience in DC
Please send your application (email and attached CV) by 21 August to:
Ursula von den Driesch
Ursula von den Driesch firstname.lastname@example.org
Please read carefully our CONSENT TO THE USE OF PRIVATE DATA