International Advisor Monitoring & Evaluation
Project status: Tender
The 5th phase of the Sustainable Land Management Programme project“Sustainable Land Management Programme V (SLM V): Integrated Catchment Restoration of Lake Chamo Basin”, financed by the German Financial Cooperation and implemented by the Ministry of Agriculture of the Republic of Ethiopia, intends to reduce land degradation of the Lake Chamo Basin through sustainable land management and restoration measures in the basin area, thereby increasing livelihood- and food security of small farm households. The project area comprises 10 identified Woredas/special Woredas covering the entire catchment of Lake Chamo (Chamo Basin). It consists of four components:
- Green Infrastructure and Resilient Livelihoods
- Strengthening and Investing in Cooperatives and Information for Resilience
- Rural Land Administration and Use
- Project Management and Reporting
The main objectives of the project are reducing land degradation on selected agricultural land and increase the agricultural productivity of small holder farms, with the aim of improving the livelihoods, food security and economic wellbeing of rural households in the project intervention area. The project follows a watershed management approach and builds on pariticpatory land use planning. Measures include restoring degraded land, promoting sustainable agricultural practices, supporting sustainable land management, and increasing the resilience of rural households to climate change.
The advisor will work intermittent over the whole project duration to support the CTA in setting-up effective project management procedures. The task of the advisor is to advise and set standards for effective project implementation in line with standard SLMP procedures. The advisor will lead the national specialists and experts of the Implementation Consultant’s team and guide their work in a harmonized manner and following agreed upon standards. The international advisors will support the trainings at woreda level to achieve efficient annual and multi-annual planning activities and budgeting.
Guidance of national specialists includes:
- develop, set-up and maintain a project M&E system to monitor project activities at woreda and kebele levels;
- develop, set-up and maintain an M&E system for the Lake Chamo basin in cooperation with Arba Minch University;
- liaise with the national and regional PCUs in regards to overall programme monitoring and evaluation;
- provide for knowledge management and transfer of best practice examples in regards to M&E in the Lake Chamo basin.
- Education/training: MSc level degree in agriculture, rural development, natural resource management, environmental sciences or comparable discipline;
- Language: C1 proficiency level in English, C1 proficiency level in Amharic;
- Regional experience: Ideally from the region Arba Minch; Ideally speaks local language
- General professional experience: a desired professional experience of 10 years or more, working in similar land management programmes, of which at least 5 years of experience should be in in programme monitoring and evaluation, preferably with German Development Cooperation.
- Specific professional experience: Sound working experience in the preparation of monitoring and evaluation frameworks with indicators and data collection tools as well as theoretical and practical knowledge of quantitative and qualitative data collection methods. Very good knowledge of Microsoft Office and M&E relevant qualitative and quantitative software applications as well as knowledge of data management (design, input, cleaning, analysis) and data protection. Knowledge of GIS Systems would be an advantage.
To express your interest: Send your curriculum vitae to the attention of Ms Lisa Ernst at firstname.lastname@example.org with the Project ID reference number in the subject line. If you have any further questions, feel free to contact Ms Lisa Ernst. We are looking forward to receiving your application and we thank all applicants for their interest. Please note that only selected candidates will be contacted.
Terms of reference CV TEMPLATE
Lisa Ernst email@example.com
Please read carefully our Information on our processing of personal data and rights as a job applicant (EN)/ Informationen zur Datenverarbeitung und Rechte als BewerberIn (DE)