Agriculture Value Chain Expert as key expert 3 – Technical assis-tance for the Support to Sustainable Rural Livelihoods Programme in Fiji
The Support to Sustainable Rural Livelihoods Programme is an EU-funded budget support operation (Sector Reform Performance Contract). Its specific objectives are: i) effective transition to a sustainable and more diversified agriculture sector, and ii) development of market driven and environmentally friendly agriculture.
The programme is based on the Ministry of Agriculture’s Strategic Development Plan (SDP). The technical assistance will assist in all aspects of the implementation of the SDP and of the EU budget support programme.
The key expert 3 will support the implementation of relevant reforms and policies. An enabling environment for the farmers and the actors involved in agriculture is created thanks to an improved provision of support services to the agriculture sector. This output is achieved by:
- Providing capacity building and technical support to Government staff to promote value chains – including but not exclusively sub-sector analysis, research capacity, and market knowledge and agri-business development.
- Providing technical support to the Government to improve the provision of services to the farmers and increase value for money.
- Assisting the Government by facilitating the development of a robust10 Year Agriculture Policy and setting the vision for the agriculture sector in Fiji.
- Undertaking gap analysis/mapping exercise to review current agricultural programmes and incentives of the Ministry of Agriculture and provide recommendations that would be in-line with the new Agriculture Policy.
- Providing technical support to facilitate the implementation of reforms and policies.
Qualifications and skills
- At least a master degree in or equivalent academic qualification (university or similar institution) in Agricultural Economics, Agricultural Development, Development Economics with a specialization in Agriculture or any equivalent field directly related to this assignment.
- If the expert does not have a Master's Degree, she/he must have at least a Bachelor's degree in the above mentioned fields combined with an additional 2 years of relevant professional experience.
- Excellent training and mentoring skills.
- Initiative, tact and proven ability to maintain harmonious working relationships in a multicultural setting with good team spirit.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Fluency in spoken and written English.
General professional experience
- At least 10 years of practical experience in the field of agriculture and rural development.
- Strong knowledge of private sector operations in agribusiness.
- Experience of working in developing countries, in particular small-sized countries, will be considered an asset.
Specific professional experience
- Has conducted at least 2 inclusive value chain assessments as lead consultant.
- At least 3 years of professional experience at working on agribusiness development.
- Previous professional experience working in rural development in Small Island Developing States and/or Least Developed countries will be considered as an asset.
Ingrid Wawrzynowicz email@example.com
Please read carefully our CONSENT TO THE USE OF PRIVATE DATA