Chief Technical Advisor (CTA) for conservation and rural development
The overall objective of the project is to establish ecological corridors between protected areas as an integral part of a regional ecological network. This is to contribute to the conservation and sustainable use of biological diversity in Armenia, Azerbaijan and Georgia without reducing the income of the local rural population.
For this purpose, long-term land use plans will be developed with the participation of the local beneficiaries, and based on these land use plans, “Conservation Agreements” will be negotiated and agreed with the relevant local communities.
Financial resources of the project will be used for payments foreseen in these Conservation Agreements. The German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ) through KfW Development Bank has provided funds for this project. The WWF Caucasus Programme Office will be responsible for implementing the project and will work through WWF’s national offices in Armenia, Azerbaijan and Georgia and in cooperation with the responsible national state authorities.
Requested consulting services include assistance to the central Project Implementation Unit (PIU) based in Tbilisi, Georgia, and subordinated structures in Armenia and Azerbaijan in the following specific tasks:
- Support WWF in overall planning and coordination of project implementation;
- Support WWF in formulating all project management and financial procedures, regulations for the guidance of project staff and contracted services;
- Support WWF in supervising and monitoring the progress and quality of the project, evaluating results and “lessons learned” and promoting positive experiences;
- Support WWF in managing public tenders for goods and services;
- Providing technical know-how and capacity building to WWF, local community organisations, and local communities;
- Communication and reporting to WWF Caucasus Programme Office.
- Postgraduate university degree in nature conservation management or a related field of natural resource management with proven practical work experience in this field;
- Good understanding and proven track record in areas such as protected area management, conservation planning, integrated rural development, community development, participation, and policy advise;
- Experience with contractual nature conservation, including compensation payments is a strong asset;
- Work experience in transition countries;
- Strong background in management and financial administration of development projects;
- Experience with donor-funded projects preferably in the Caucasus and/or the Regional Countries;
- Professional experience in Development Cooperation; specific knowledge of German Financial Cooperation (management procedures, reporting, etc.) would be a strong asset;
- At least 10 years of practical professional experience in the working fields;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Proficiency in the English language; knowledge of Russian language would be an asset;
- Team player, who is capable of working under different and sometimes difficult conditions.
Heike Mainusch email@example.com
Please read carefully our CONSENT TO THE USE OF PRIVATE DATA