Chief Technical Advisor for sustainable management of forest landscapes to improve climate resilience
Within the context of the KfW co-financed Climate Change Adaptation Program in the Himalaya, the Tripura component supports the State Government to promote the sustainable and participative management of forest landscapes to improve climate resilience in two districts. The project focuses on climate resilience of forest ecosystems, biodiversity and adaptive capacities of forest dependent communities.
The broad objectives of the project are:
- Development of landscape- and village-level plans;
- Implementation of actions to improve the condition of forest and other natural resources;
- Promoting community-based biodiversity conservation;
- Support to enhanced incomes from natural resource management and use;
- Support creation of a more enabling environment for improved forest sector governance in the State.
Support the Tripura Forest Department in project planning, implementation and management and heading the Project Management Consultant Team providing technical advice with emphasis on:
- A landscape- and village-level approach to land use and natural resource management planning;
- Integration of biodiversity conservation, ecosystem services and local livelihoods;
- Cost efficiency and long-term sustainability of interventions, including through convergence with related policies and programmes;
- Establishment of revolving funds and Self Help Groups at village level to promote livelihood improvements;
- Capacity building for forestry administration, community institutions and target groups.
- University degree in forestry, natural resources management, environmental sciences or related fields;
- Minimum of 10 years of professional work experience in forest and natural resource management, forest landscape restoration, biodiversity, climate change adaptation measures, community-based planning and management;
- Minimum 8 years of professional work experience in development cooperation and donor-funded projects;
- Minimum 5 years of experience with administrative project duties for development cooperation projects, financial management, procurement, fund disbursement, reporting, M&E;
- Minimum 3 years of experience as Chief Technical Advisor / Team Leader, preferably in financial cooperation (e.g. KfW, World Bank, ADB);
- Professional work experience in South Asia, preferably in India;
- Written and oral fluency in English is mandatory.
Heike Mainusch firstname.lastname@example.org
Please read carefully our CONSENT TO THE USE OF PRIVATE DATA