National/Regional senior expert in circular economy for a GIZ financed project in Colombia
In June 2022 the German technical cooperation in Colombia launched the “Resource-efficient circular economy” (ProUsar) project, with the objective to strengthen the innovation potential of the private sector for the implementation of a resource and climate-friendly circular economy. The project will run until June 2025. The implementing partners are the Ministry of Environment and Sustainable Development (Ministerio de Ambiente y Desarrollo Sostenible, MinAmbiente) and the Ministry of Commerce, Industry and Tourism (Ministerio de Comercio, Industria y Turismo, Min-Comercio). The target group of the project includes specialists and managers from enterprises relevant for the three pre-selected economic sectors: textile, electric and electronic appliances, and packaging (focus on plastic packaging).
The project defines three outputs: (1) The coordination of goals, instruments, and procedures for implementing a circular economy in selected sectors of the private sector is improved; (2) Companies from selected sectors have initiated the implementation of innovative and bankable concepts for a resource- and climate-friendly circular economy, and (3) Knowledge about sustainable production and consumption patterns in the context of the circular economy has been strengthened.
The subject of this opportunity is the implementation of activities for Output 3. The work packages will primarily include: (1) structuring and establishing of three functioning knowledge partnerships across the three predefined value chains, ideally under the PREVENT Waste Alliance, (2) bringing the three knowledge partnerships into operationalization and ensuring their smooth functioning and sustainability. For the fruitful and sustainable functioning of the partnerships, it is planned to engage national and international partners from different fields (e.g., associations, think tanks, academia, NGOs, national, regional, and international organisations, private sector/ enterprises, business associations, chambers of commerce) through a variety of formats and activities, including but not limited to workshops, trainings, study tours, conferences, and hackathons.
The National/ Regional Senior Expert in Circular Economy will primarily provide technical support for the Team Leader, in all the project implementation activities. In particular, their tasks will include the identification and approaching of relevant stakeholders in Colombia for the three knowledge partnerships, as well as identification of their needs and capacities.
(S)he will cooperate with the Team Leader to develop capacity building and knowledge exchange formats for each of the partnerships, and will be responsible for the organization and moderation of such formats, including workshops, trainings, and others. Expert 2 will also take over the responsibility for prioritisation of topics within the partnerships, as well as for documentation of experiences.
Finally, Expert 2 will support the Team Leader in assuring cooperation within and among the partnerships, as well as with other projects and initiatives.
- Technical support of the team leader
- Identification & approaching of relevant stakeholders in Colombia for the three knowledge partnerships (textile, packaging/plastic, electronic domestic appliances) as well as their needs and capacities
- Organisation of workshops, trainings and other event formats
- Moderation of events such as workshops, trainings, etc.
- Prioritization, together with partners and supported by expert pools, of selected topics relating to the three sectors for which solutions shall be provided by the knowledge partnership
- Conceptualisation, together with team leader, and organisation of exchange and capacity building formats for the three knowledge partnerships
- Documentation of interesting international experiences as a basis for/ complementarily to short-term experts for the three sectors
- Education/training: University degree (master’s) in waste management, circular economy, resource efficiency, environment & development, environmental science/ engineering, or climate science, business management, sustainability management or industrial design
- Languages: Knowledge of Spanish C2 and English B2 in the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages
- General professional experience: 12 years of professional experience in one of the three sectors, of which 5 years are in circular economy, waste management or resource efficiency-relevant projects
- Specific professional experience: 6 years of professional experience in projects, companies, committees or associations relevant to one of the three sectors: textiles, electric and electronic appliances or (plastic) wrapping and packaging, 5 years of experience with circular economy and waste management approaches specific to that sector
- Regional experience: 10 years of work experience in Latin America, of which 8 years in Colombia
- Development cooperation (DC) experience: 2 years of experience working on DC projects (e.g., with international partners, international organisations)
- 3 years of training, knowledge transfer experience or other facilitation of capacity development
Dagmar Roehr email@example.com
Please read carefully our CONSENT TO THE USE OF PRIVATE DATA