The SWITCH to Green Facility will 1) provide quality support to improve programme identification, formulation and delivery, 2) support dialogue, networking and coordination with development partners working on green economy issues, and 3) support knowledge creation, dissemination and communication efforts, and build capacities for improved EU cooperation on green economy.
The Water facility will 1) provide quality support to improve programme identification, formulation and delivery, 2) support dialogue, networking and coordination with development partners working on water and sanitation, and 3) support knowledge creation, dissemination and communication efforts, and build capacities for improved EU cooperation on water and sanitation.
For more than 20 years, GFA teams have been supporting public and private sector stakeholders in implementing green economy policies, strategies and concepts. GFA currently implements the Switch to Green Facility.
For further information on green economy please go to:
Moreover, GFA has more than 15 years of experience in the field of water resource management. For further information on water please go to:
The Communication and knowledge management officer will be in charge of ensuring effective communication on the SWITCH TO GREEN and WATER Facility, promoting visibility (including by producing and editing relevant EU websites, producing brochures, newsletters etc.), ensuring that knowledge generated by the SWITCH TO GREEN and WATER actions is capitalized and disseminated, and supporting the organisation of relevant meetings and events. The expert will be in charge of liaising with EU Delegations, partner countries, and other stakeholders of the flagship.
Qualifications and skills
- University degree in Communication. Candidates with a master's degree in the field of environment, climate change and/or development and with at least 3 years of professional experience in communication will also be considered.Excellent organisational and coordination skills.
- Fluency in English required; Knowledge of French also required if none of the other key experts speaks French. Ability to also communicate in other languages (e.g. Spanish, Portuguese...) would be an asset.
- Familiarity with international cooperation and EU development aid would be an asset.
General professional experience
- At least five years of professional experience in the field of communication, including design and preparation of multimedia communication material.
Specific professional experience
- At least 3 years' experience in communication on economics, environmental or development related issues.
- Experience in writing communication materials. This may include publications, websites, leaflets, etc.
- Proven experience in knowledge management.
- Experience in the use of electronic media such as communities of practice, websites and blogs, also in website development, would also be an advantage.
- Experience in website management and update.
Mathis Salfeld Salfeld@gfa-group.de
Please read carefully our CONSENT TO THE USE OF PRIVATE DATA