GFA Consulting Group is one of the leading German consulting companies within the framework of international development cooperation. Our core business is providing consulting services as well as managing projects financed through bilateral and multilateral funds. Since 1982, GFA has been active in more than 130 countries. Over the years, the company has continuously expanded the scope of its work, which currently includes ten strategic business areas.
In the Public Finance Management (PFM) Department we focus on consultancy services related to Public Finance Management, Public Procurement, Audit, Accounting Services, Grant & Fund Management and Monitoring & Evaluation.
For the PFM Department in our head office in Hamburg/Germany, we are currently looking for an enthusiastic and optimistic colleague (m/f/d) who will support our on-going projects as well as actively assist in the acquisition of new contracts.
The Consultant will be responsible for the product development and the delivery of services in the area of fund management for major donors, funding agencies and governments worldwide. The consultant’s range of duties includes on the one hand strategic business development, acquisition and project management and on the other hand technical input to assure efficient and effective project implementation.
The duty station will be Hamburg, with travel to developing countries, particularly to Africa.
General key responsibilities include:
- Business development and project acquisition, including opportunity identification, fact-finding and the coordination and preparation of technical and financial proposals
- Establishing and maintaining regular professional contacts and networking with clients, partners and sector experts
- Fully responsible management of projects and studies (backstopping), on-site as well as Hamburg-based
- Conducting technical short-term consultancy missions, including participation in feasibility and project preparatory studies comprising professional services for financial management, including internal controls, accounting, cash disbursements, financial reporting and account reconciliation
- Writing of reports, concepts and presentations as well as contributing to knowledge and quality management, including GFA publications
- Representation of GFA in conferences and seminars
Specific key responsibilities include:
- Supervision and oversight of Fiscal Agent projects in the area of fund management
- Quality assurance related to reports (including financial reports) & any other deliverable/output
- Technical input in financial management, Internal control and compliance
- Internal financial audits of fund management projects
- Finance Capacity development in the area of accounting, budgeting, financial reporting and internal control
- University degree (Master) in economics/business administration, finance or related areas
- At least 3 years of relevant experience in the area of administrative and financial management of public funds/grants (preferably related to the context of development cooperation/humanitarian aid), and/or in working as a financial management professional in the area of accounting/reporting, internal/external auditing or controlling
- High social competence, ability to motivate and lead other team members
- Proficiency in written and spoken German, English and French, knowledge of further languages would be an advantage
- Previous working experience with international donors or development agencies like EU, GIZ, KfW, World Bank, The Global Fund to Fight Aids, Tuberculosis and Malaria and/or MCC would be an advantage
- Strong writing, communication and presentation skills
GFA offers a future-oriented work place in a multicultural environment with a strong focus on values and the joint aim to provide the best possible solutions for our clients and partners in the developing world.
GFA actively promotes career development, which includes opportunities to engage in long-term project work abroad.
Curious to get to know GFA?
Please send your complete application (cover letter, CV, work references / certificates) only by email to:
GFA Consulting Group GmbH
Tel.: (49) 40 603 06 – 127
We are reviewing applications as they come in!
Andrea Leber email@example.com
Please read carefully our CONSENT TO THE USE OF PRIVATE DATA