Consultant / Project Manager (m/f/d) in our Private Sector Development Department
We are one of the leading German consulting companies working in international development cooperation. At GFA Consulting Group, we strive to catalyse change to improve the quality of life of people around the world by promoting sustainable development to achieve the SDGs and leveraging opportunities for digital innovation. We provide consulting services and implement projects financed through bilateral and multilateral funds. Our clients are GIZ, KfW, the European Commission and many others. Since 1982, we have implemented projects in more than 130 countries and have continuously expanded our service offerings, which currently include ten technical business areas and corresponding departments.
In the Private Sector Development (PSD) Department, we offer consultancy services related to Green Economy, SME & Entrepreneurship Promotion, Value Chain Development, (Digital) Innovation, Trade and Regional Economic Integration, and Quality Infrastructure in Africa, Asia, Latin America and the EMENA region.
Join our team PSD-Department in Hamburg as an open-minded and versatile Consultant (m/f/d) and contribute to our mission to provide quality services worldwide. The position is fully based in Hamburg.
What we offer:
We work at the heart of International Cooperation; finding solutions to global challenges through our projects and diverse team of employees from all over the world. In this context, we lay the foundation for you to grow and learn within GFA through continuous skills development and further training.
Our flexible working time model, the possibility of remote work for up to 2 days per week, and our family-orientated company policy facilitate a healthy work-life balance. GFA’s offices are surrounded by nature, despite being easily and quickly accessible from central Hamburg. To promote climate-friendly commuting, we offer a public transport reimbursement program.
The sense of community at GFA is very important to us. We regularly organize social events for people to get to know each other and to provide opportunities for exchange.
Your responsibilities include:
- Acquisition of new projects, including elaboration and coordination of technical and financial proposals in the field of private sector development
- Management of ongoing projects and studies (Hamburg-based backstopping) in Sub-Saharan Africa, i.e. financial and technical administration, including monitoring and expert management, with regular travels to the projects on-site
- Networking with donor agencies, beneficiaries, partner companies or institutions, subcontractors and experts
- Conducting fact-finding and technical short-term consultancy missions
- Elaboration of reports, concepts and presentations and contribution to knowledge and quality management
- Active contribution to the further development of the thematic area of private sector development
- Representing GFA at conferences and seminars
- Supporting on-the-job-training of our Junior Professionals
- University degree (Master) in Economics, Business Administration, Development Studies, Political Science, or other PSD-relevant field
- At least 3 years of relevant work experience in the context of development cooperation and/or consultancy related to private sector development
- Working experience with the German (GIZ, KfW) and European development cooperation sector (e.g. EuropeAid, EIB, EBRD); a profound understanding of the strategies and policies of the relevant donor agencies will be a distinct advantage
- Working experience in developing countries and/or emerging countries, preferably in Sub-Saharan Africa
- Full proficiency in written and spoken English and French is required
- Additional working knowledge of German or Portuguese is an asset
- Willingness to travel frequently to our project countries in Sub-Saharan Africa
- Strong writing, communication and presentation skills
- Ability to manage complex situations under tight schedules and a multitude of processes at the same time
- Ability to work in intercultural teams
Interested? Please send your full application (cover letter, CV, copies of diplomas and references/certificates) by email to Ms Deolene Neto (firstname.lastname@example.org / +49 40 60306-806).
Deolene Neto email@example.com
Please read carefully our CONSENT TO THE USE OF PRIVATE DATA