Consultant (m/f/d) with focus on Project Management for our Framework Contract Unit
We are one of the leading German consulting companies working in international development cooperation. At GFA Consulting Group, we strive to catalyze change to improve the quality of life of people around the world by promoting sustainable development to achieve the SDGs and leveraging opportunities for digital innovation. We provide consulting services and implement projects financed through bilateral and multilateral funds. Our clients are GIZ, KfW, the European Commission and many others. Since 1982, we have implemented projects in more than 130 countries and have continuously expanded our service offerings, which currently include ten technical business areas and corresponding departments.
The Framework Contracts Unit implements several framework contracts for the EU, the Secretariat of the Southern African Development Community (SADC) and the Kreditanstalt für Wiederaufbau (KfW). Under these contracts, services are provided to support the planning, implementation and evaluation of projects and programs.
Join our team at the Framework Contracts Unit in Hamburg as an open-minded and versatile Consultant (m/f/d) with focus on Project Management and contribute to our mission to provide quality services worldwide.
The FWC Unit Consultant (m/f/d) with focus on Project Management is the central point of contact within the Unit for all acquisition and implementation issues for projects allocated to him her. The main tasks thus cover the acquisition of new FWC contracts (expert selection, financial offer calculation and the formulation of very succinct project proposals), as well as the successful implementation of awarded FWC projects (technical and financial project management).
The specific tasks of the Consultant (m/f/d) / Project Manager (m/f/d):
- Acting as the Focal Point for all contacts and communication with consortia partners and/or project beneficiaries
- Handling of in-coming Requests for Services (RfS), coordinate the planning and drafting of proposals for individual assignments
- Ensuring the timetable for responding to RfS is respected
- Submitting proposals and ensuring subsequent follow up
- Planning and mobilisation of resources and expertise for the implementation of individual assignments
- Acting as liaison point between FWC Unit and individual experts and teams
- Contractual and financial management of individual assignments
- Monitoring of services rendered and experts’ performance evaluation
- Quality control of project deliverables
- University degree in Economics, International Relations, Business Administration, Public Administration or in areas relevant for the job
- At least 3 years of relevant work experience in the context of development cooperation and international project management, ideally related to Framework Contracts
- Working experience with the European development cooperation sector (e.g. EuropeAid, EIB, EBRD), acquisition and implementation of EU-funded technical assistance projects and knowledge of EU policy instruments and procurement rules will be a distinct advantage
- Working experience in developing countries and/or emerging countries are an added value
- Full proficiency in written and spoken English and French is required, an additional proficiency in Spanish is a distinct advantage, additional working knowledge of German is an asset
- Strong writing, communication and engagement skills
- Strong team spirit and motivational and social skills, ability working in intercultural teams
- Ability to manage complex situations under tight schedules and a multitude of processes at the same time and willingness to adopt a flexible working approach and timing in response to existing work load
What we offer
We work at the heart of International Cooperation; finding solutions to global challenges through our projects and diverse team of employees from all over the world. In this context, we lay the foundation for you to grow and learn within GFA through continuous skills development and further training.
Our flexible working time model, the possibility to work from home, and our family-orientated company policy facilitate a healthy work-life balance. GFA’s offices are surrounded by nature, despite being easily and quickly accessible from central Hamburg. To promote climate-friendly commuting, we offer a public transport reimbursement program.
The sense of community at GFA is very important to us. We regularly organize social events for people to get to know each other and to provide opportunities for exchange.
How to apply?
If you are interested in the position described, please send your complete application documents, i.e. cover letter, CVs, copies of certificates and references, by email to
Regine Reuter firstname.lastname@example.org
Please read carefully our CONSENT TO THE USE OF PRIVATE DATA