Consultant/Project Manager (m/f/d) in our Energy Department
We are one of the leading German consulting companies working in international development cooperation. At GFA Consulting Group, we strive to catalyse change to improve the quality of life of people around the world by promoting sustainable development to achieve the SDGs and leveraging opportunities for digital innovation. We provide consulting services and implement projects financed through bilateral and multilateral funds. Our clients are GIZ, KfW, the European Commission and many others. Since 1982, we have implemented projects in more than 130 countries and have continuously expanded our service offerings, which currently include ten technical business areas and corresponding departments.
In the Energy Department, we offer consultancy services related to sustainable energy with a focus on renewable energy, green hydrogen and energy efficiency. Our services include advice on the improvement of policy and institutional frameworks, energy sector studies, development of sustainable energy action plans, capacity building for energy management in private and public sectors, as well as the preparation and management of project pipelines for energy access, green hydrogen supply and energy efficiency measures.
Currently, we are extending our Renewable Energy and Power Sector team to be in the forefront of this highly dynamic topic. We look for one Consultant/Project Manager who can as a team cover the socioeconomic, technical and management aspects of Renewable Energy and Power Sector projects.
Join our team in the Energy Department in Hamburg as an open-minded and versatile Consultant/Project Manager (m/f/d) and contribute to our mission to provide quality services worldwide.
- Acquisition of new projects, including elaboration and coordination of technical and financial proposals in the field of sustainable energy, including but not limited to Power Sector Transformation with Variable Renewable Energy;
- Conducting fact-finding and technical short-term consultancy missions;
- Elaboration of reports, concepts and presentations and contribution to knowledge and quality management;
- Work closely with thematic sector leads in technical and business development in the field of “Utility Scale Renewable Energy Development” and “Power Sector Development”;
- Management of ongoing projects and studies (backstopping) on site and Hamburg-based (financial and technical administration, monitoring and evaluation of projects and studies);
- Networking with donor agencies, beneficiaries, partner companies or institutions, subcontractors and experts;
- Representing GFA in conferences and seminars;
- Supporting on-the-job-training of our Junior Professionals.
- University degree (MA) in engineering, engineering management, power systems, energy economics, energy technology or environmental sciences with focus on Integration of Variable Renewable Energy or Power Sector Development;
- At least 2 years of relevant work experience (incl. internships) in one or more of the above mentioned fields, including good general understanding of the Renewable Energy Sector;
- Working experience in developing countries and/or threshold countries / in development cooperation is an asset;
- Familiarity with the German (GIZ, KfW) and European development sector (e.g. EU, EIB, EBRD) and a profound understanding of the strategies and policies of the relevant donor agencies is an asset;
- Full proficiency in written and spoken English; working knowledge of German is desired; at least intermediate level in French is a strong asset;
- Willingness to travel abroad and to remote areas;
- Strong writing, communication and presentation skills;
- Ability to manage complex situations with a sense of pragmatism;
- Ability to work in intercultural teams.
What we offer:
We work at the heart of International Cooperation, finding solutions to global challenges through our projects and diverse team of employees from all over the world. In this context, we lay the foundation for you to grow and learn within GFA through continuous skills development and further training.
Our flexible working time model, the possibility to work from home, and our family-orientated company policy facilitate a healthy work-life balance.
GFA’s offices are surrounded by nature, despite being easily and quickly accessible from central Hamburg. To promote climate-friendly commuting, we offer a public transport reimbursement program.
The sense of community at GFA is very important to us. We regularly organize social events for people to get to know each other and to provide opportunities for exchange.
Please send your application (cover letter, CV, copies of diplomas and references/certificates) per e-mail to
Severine Rix firstname.lastname@example.org
Please read carefully our CONSENT TO THE USE OF PRIVATE DATA