We are one of the leading German consulting companies working in international development cooperation. At GFA Consulting Group, we strive to catalyse change to improve the quality of life of people around the world. We provide consulting services and implement projects financed through bilateral and multilateral funds. Our clients are GIZ, KfW, the European Commission and many others. Since 1982, we have been active in more than 130 countries and continuously expand the scope of our work, which currently includes ten technical business areas and corresponding departments.
In the Public Financial Management (PFM) department, we focus on advisory services related to public finance, public procurement, audit, accounting services, grants and funds management.
Join our FAAP-team in the PFM Department in Hamburg as an open-minded and versatile Consultant (m/f/d) and contribute to our mission to provide quality services worldwide.
The duty station will be Hamburg, with travel to developing countries, particularly to Africa.
The specific responsibilities are as follows:
- Supervision and monitoring of our Fiscal agent/Fiduciary agent projects in the field of fund management;
- Capacity building services for the beneficiaries of our projects;
- Quality assurance of deliverables/results, including financial reports and reports;
- Technical input in financial management and internal controls and compliance of transactions;
- Participate in the procurement process for new projects, including identification of project team members, development and coordination of the technical proposal and financial budgeting;
- Establishing and maintaining regular professional contacts and networks with clients, partners and sector experts;
- The development of tools and concepts for the improvement of project management.
- University degree (Master level or equivalent) in economics/business administration, finance or related fields;
- At least 3 years of relevant experience in the field of administrative and financial management of projects and/or work in the fields of controlling, financial management, accounting/reporting, internal/external audit;
- Fluency in English and French, both written and spoken, knowledge of German and/or other languages would be an advantage;
- An understanding of the context of development cooperation would be an asset;
- Previous professional experience with at least one international donor or development agency such as KfW, Gavi, Global Fund to Fight AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria and/or MCC would be an advantage;
- Excellent writing, communication and presentation skills.
What we offer:
We work at the heart of International Cooperation and find solutions to global challenges through our projects. Integrated into a team of employees from all over the world and different backgrounds, we lay the foundation for you to grow and learn within GFA through continuous skills development and further training.
Our flexible working time model and our family-oriented company policy makes it possible for you to reconcile professional and private life. Even though Hamburg is a vibrant city, GFA offices are surrounded by nature. To get here fast and easy we offer a public transport reimbursement program.
The sense of community at GFA is very important to us. We regularly organize social events for people to get to know each other and to exchange.
Please send your application (cover letter, CV and references/certificates) per e-mail to
Ms Andrea Leber
Andrea Leber firstname.lastname@example.org
Please read carefully our CONSENT TO THE USE OF PRIVATE DATA