GFA Consulting Group is one of the leading German consulting companies within the framework of international development cooperation. Our core business is providing consulting services as well as managing projects financed through bilateral and multilateral funds. Since 1982, GFA has been active in more than 130 countries. Over the years, the company has continuously expanded the scope of its work, which currently includes ten strategic business areas. In the area of private sector development, we focus on consultancy services related to trade and regional integration, SME development, value chain development, regional economic development, quality infrastructure, and green economy.
For our head office in Hamburg/Germany, we are currently looking for an open-minded and versatile Consultant (m/f/d) to join our Private Sector Development Department.
The consultant will be responsible for project management, acquisition and strategic business development in francophone and anglophone countries.
Duty station will be Hamburg, with frequent travel to developing and emerging market countries. Key responsibilities will include:
- Leading the acquisition process of new projects, including elaboration and coordination of technical and financial proposals;
- Establishing and maintaining regular professional contacts and networking with clients, partners and sector experts;
- Fully responsible management of projects and studies (backstopping), on-site and Hamburg-based;
- Conducting technical short-term consultancy missions, including participation in feasibility and project preparatory studies;
- Writing of reports, concepts and presentations as well as contributing to knowledge and quality management, including GFA publications;
- Representation of GFA in conferences and Seminars;
- Supporting on-the-job-training of our Junior Professionals.
- a future-oriented work place in a multicultural environment with a strong focus on values and the joint aim to provide the best possible solutions for our clients and partners in the developing world;
- A responsible and team-oriented position with diversified tasks and a long-term perspective;
- Continuous skills development and further training;
- A comprehensive set of benefits, e.g. family-oriented company policy, fitness club discounts, public transport reimbursement program, flexible working hours;
- A companywide sustainability concept;
- Events for and with employees.
- University degree (Master) in a relevant area, e.g. economics, business administration, Development Studies, or similar;
- At least 5 years of relevant experience in the context of development cooperation related to private sector development;
- Full proficiency in written and spoken English and French, additional knowledge of German is an Advantage;
- Familiarity with the European and the German development sector and ideally an understanding of the strategies and programs of the relevant donor agencies, such as EU and GIZ;
- Strong writing, communication and presentation skills;
- Advanced proficiency in standard MS Office applications;
- Willingness to frequently travel abroad;
- Ability to manage complex situations with a sense of pragmatism.
Interested candidates should send their complete application (cover letter, CV, work references / certificates) by email to:
Ms. Dagmar Röhr
+49 40 603 06 – 224
Dagmar Roehr email@example.com
Please read carefully our CONSENT TO THE USE OF PRIVATE DATA