Consultant (m/f/d) for our Private Sector Development Department
Want to make an impact...?
Then come join us at GFA Consulting Group - a leading European consulting company working in international development cooperation. Since 1982, GFA has carried out numerous development and research projects in over 130 countries, focusing on matters of global importance. Our work, both in our projects and at our headquarters in Hamburg in Germany, supports the achievement of the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), to improve people's lives and protect the planet. Our international and multicultural team of professionals is at the heart of our success. If you share this passion for international cooperation and enjoy working in an international environment, where you can contribute to shaping a better world, join the GFA team as: Consultant (m/f/d) for our Private Sector Development Department
In our Private Sector Development (PSD) Department, we focus on consultancy services related to economic development, trade and regional integration, business environment reforms, MSME development and start-up promotion, innovation, value chain development, quality infrastructure, and green economy in Africa, Asia, Latin America and the EMENA region.
You will find more information on the themes and topics here.
For our head office in Hamburg/Germany, we are currently looking for an open-minded and versatile Consultant (m/f/d) to join the Africa portfolio of the PSD Department.
The Consultant will be responsible for project management, acquisition and strategic business development in developing or emerging countries. Duty station will be Hamburg, with frequent travel to developing market countries in Sub-Saharan Africa, focusing on West Africa.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Acquisition of new projects, including elaboration and coordination of technical and financial proposals in the field of private sector development
- Management of ongoing projects and studies (backstopping) on site and Hamburg-based (financial and technical administration, monitoring and evaluation of projects and studies
- Networking with donor agencies, beneficiaries, partner companies or institutions, subcontractors and experts
- Conducting fact-finding and technical short-term consultancy missions
- Elaboration of reports, concepts and presentations and contribution to knowledge and quality management
- Active contribution to the further business development of the thematic areas and regions the Department is operating in
- Representing GFA in conferences and seminars
- Supporting on-the-job-training and onboarding of our Junior Professionals
- University degree (Master) in a relevant area, e.g. Economics, Business Administration, Development Studies, or another relevant field
- 3 years of relevant experience in the context of development cooperation related to private sector development; working experience in in Sub-Saharan Africa would be a strong asset
- Full proficiency in English and French (C1/C2 levels) is a prerequisite
- Additional working knowledge of German, Spanish and/or Portuguese would be highly appreciated
- Strong writing, communication and presentation skills
- Willingness to frequently travel to Sub-Saharan Africa
- Ability to manage complex situations with a sense of pragmatism
- Familiarity with the European and the German development sector and ideally an understanding of the strategies and programs of the relevant donor agencies, such as EU and GIZ, will be an asset
An opportunity to be part of a multicultural and diverse team that comes together in Hamburg's lush green district of Volksdorf to work on issues that are at the heart of international cooperation. We lay the foundation for you to grow and learn with GFA, providing continuous skills development and further training. Additionally, we offer the following:
- Flexible working arrangement: Our flexible work model enables you to work remotely from home as well as in the office.
- Work-life balance: Our family-orientated policies enable a healthy balance between your professional and private life. We grant a tax-free childcare allowance (daycare) and offer family leave when you need to take care of your relatives.
- Health and wellbeing: We provide access to gym membership with a rich selection of wellness and sport programs around the city. Additionally, staff members organize various sporting activities and events.
- Public transport subsidy: To promote climate-friendly commuting, we subsidise monthly tickets for local public transport.
- Surrounded by nature: GFA's barrier-free offices are set in natural surroundings, and easily accessible from Hamburg's city center. At your convenience, the offices are also within reach of public and social amenities.
Please send your application with reference 32.352, including cover letter in English, CV, copies of diplomas and work certificates or references by e-mail until 04th March 2024 to Florence Coantic, firstname.lastname@example.org
We are looking forward to your application!
Florence Coantic Coantic@gfa-group.de