Consultant (m/f/d) for the Natural Resources Management and Environment Department
GFA Company Profile
We are one of the leading German consulting companies working in international development cooperation. At GFA Consulting Group, we strive to catalyse change to improve the quality of life of people around the world. We provide consulting services and implement projects financed through bilateral and multilateral funds. Our clients are GIZ, KfW, the European Commission and many others. Since 1982, we have been active in more than 130 countries and continuously expand the scope of our work, which currently includes ten technical business areas and corresponding departments.
In the Natural Resources Management and Environment (NRME) Department, we focus on consultancy services related to sustainable forest management, protected area and national park management, biodiversity conservation, environmental governance, climate change adaptation and mitigation as well as capacity and institutional development and good governance in the forest, natural resource and environment sector in Africa, Asia, Europe and Latin America region.
Join our NRME Department in Hamburg as an open-minded and versatile Consultant (m/f/d) and contribute to our mission to provide quality services worldwide.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and communicative colleague, who is willing and able to dedicate his/her abilities and networks to the different projects with the aim to actively protect biodiversity and natural resources and manage forest landscapes on different levels in collaboration with national partners.
Deskwork is combined with regular field trips and partner visits in the project regions, as well as direct exchange with donors (e.g. GIZ, KfW, EU).
- Acquisition of new projects, including elaboration and coordination of technical and financial proposals for natural resource management and environment with focus on biodiversity conservation, protected area management, payment for ecosystem services, climate change, environmental and social safeguards management;
- Management of ongoing projects and studies ( backstopping) on site and Hamburg-based ( financial and technical administration, personnel and contract management, monitoring and evaluation);
- Elaboration of reports, concepts, journal articles or presentations and contribution to knowledge and quality management;
- Networking with donor agencies, beneficiaries, partner companies or institutions, subcontractors and experts;
- Conducting fact-finding and technical short-term consultancy missions in the project regions,
- Supporting on-the-job training of our Junior Professionals.
- University Degree (MSc.) in Natural Resources Management, Conservation, Forestry, Environmental Sciences, Development Economics, Geography, Sustainable Development or related topics;
- Expertise in the field of natural resources management, e.g. biodiversity conservation, protected area management, payment for ecosystem services, climate change adaptation and mitigation, environmental and social safeguards management
- Minimum 06 years relevant working experience in the context of development cooperation related to natural resources management;
- Minimum 04 working experience in developing countries, preferably in Latin America;
- Relevant experience with the German development cooperation sector and a well-founded understanding of the strategies and programmes of relevant development cooperation agencies;
- Know-how of project planning, management and evaluation methods;
- Experience in tender processes according to international standards is an asset;
- Willingness to travel to the project regions;
- Full proficiency in English, working knowledge in German, Spanish, French;
- Advanced proficiency in standard MS Office applications; experience with digital innovations for project implementation is an asset;
- Strong writing, communication and presentation skills;
- Ability to manage complex situations under tight schedules;
- Ability to work in intercultural teams.
What we offer:
We work at the heart of International Cooperation; finding solutions to global challenges through our projects and diverse team of employees from all over the world. In this context, we lay the foundation for you to grow and learn within GFA through continuous skills development and further training.
Our flexible working time model, the possibility to partly work from home, and our family-orientated company policy facilitate a healthy work-life balance. GFA’s offices are surrounded by nature, despite being easily and quickly accessible from central Hamburg. To promote climate-friendly commuting, we offer a public transport reimbursement program.
The sense of community at GFA is very important to us. We regularly organize social events for people to get to know each other and to provide opportunities for exchange.
Please send your complete application (cover letter, CV, work references/certificates, university diplomas) by E-mail to: Mrs. Barbara Muratori: firstname.lastname@example.org
Barbara Muratori email@example.com
Please read carefully our CONSENT TO THE USE OF PRIVATE DATA