Consultant (m/f/d) in our Agriculture and Rural Development (ARD) Department
|Posted on:||28 Nov, 2022|
|Application by:||11 Dec, 2022|
|Period of project:|
|Duration of assignment:|
|Job code:||Consultant ARD|
We are one of the leading German consulting companies working in international development cooperation. At GFA Consulting Group, we strive to catalyse change to improve the quality of life of people around the world by promoting sustainable development to achieve the SDGs and leveraging opportunities for digital innovation. We provide consulting services and implement projects financed through bilateral and multilateral funds. Our clients are GIZ, KfW, the European Commission and many others. Since 1982, we have implemented projects in more than 130 countries and have continuously expanded our service offerings, which currently include ten technical business areas and corresponding departments.
In the Agriculture and Rural Development (ARD) Department, we offer consultancy services related to the promotion of agricultural services, with focus on agricultural value chain development, irrigation, water resource and land management, soil and water conservation, agricultural policy and the development of frameworks for sustainable rural development. We operate worldwide with a geographical focus on Africa. More information on our specific service portfolio and activities in the area of Agriculture and Rural Development can be found on our website.
Join our team in the Agriculture and Rural Development (ARD) Department in Hamburg as an open-minded and versatile Consultant (m/f/d) and contribute to our mission to provide quality services worldwide.
- Acquisition of new projects, including elaboration and coordination of technical and financial proposals in the field of agriculture and rural development
- Management of ongoing projects and studies (backstopping) on site and Hamburg-based (financial and technical administration, monitoring and evaluation of projects and studies)
- Networking with donor agencies, beneficiaries, partner companies or institutions, subcontractors and experts
- Conducting fact-finding and technical short-term consultancy missions
- Elaboration of reports, concepts, presentations and contribution to knowledge and quality management
- Active contribution to the further development of the thematic area of sustainable agricultural development, agricultural service provision and policy development for sustainable rural development
- Representing GFA in conferences and seminars
- Supporting on-the-job-training of our Junior Professionals
- University degree (Master) in agricultural economics, agricultural sciences, economics and/or development studies with focus on agriculture and rural development
- At least 3 years of relevant work experience in the context of development cooperation
- Familiarity with the German (GIZ, KfW) and European development sector (e.g. EuropeAid, EIB, EBRD); a profound understanding of the strategies and policies of the relevant donor agencies will be an asset
- Strong understanding of socio-economic aspects of sustainable agricultural and rural development and the context of the Sustainable Development Goals
- Strong understanding of policies and applied approaches in rural development, market-oriented agricultural development, incl. Monitoring & Evaluation
- Understanding of introducing digital solutions/services into agriculture & rural development projects
- Working experience in developing countries and/or emerging countries. Experience in Sub-Saharan Africa and/or Middle East/North Africa is an asset
- Full proficiency in written and spoken French and English. Working knowledge of German is a prerequisite and of Spanish an additional asset
- Willingness to travel extensively to development and emerging countries in Africa, Asia, Eastern Europe, Latin America and the Middle East
- Strong writing, communication and presentation skills
- Ability to manage complex situations under tight schedules
- Ability to work in intercultural teams and agile cooperation formats
What we offer:
We work at the heart of International Cooperation; finding solutions to global challenges through our projects and diverse team of employees from all over the world. In this context, we lay the foundation for you to grow and learn within GFA through continuous skills development and further training.
Our flexible working time model, the possibility to work from home, and our family-orientated company policy facilitate a healthy work-life balance. GFA’s offices are surrounded by nature, despite being easily and quickly accessible from central Hamburg. To promote climate-friendly commuting, we offer a public transport reimbursement program.
The sense of community at GFA is very important to us. We regularly organize social events for people to get to know each other and to provide opportunities for exchange.
Please send your application (cover letter, CV, copies of diplomas and references/certificates) to the attention of Ms Lisa Ernst at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have any further questions, feel free to contact Ms Lisa Ernst. We are looking forward to receiving your application and we thank all applicants for their interest.
Lisa Ernst email@example.com