We are one of the leading German consulting companies working in international development cooperation. At GFA Consulting Group, we strive to catalyse change to improve the quality of life of people around the world. We provide consulting services and implement projects financed through bilateral and multilateral funds. Our clients are GIZ, KfW, the European Commission and many others. Since 1982, we have been active in more than 130 countries and continuously expand the scope of our work, which currently includes ten technical business areas and corresponding departments.
GFA’s C³ Unit for Better Learning offers advice to partners and projects with respect to learning strategies and course development. It further supports the preparation and implementation of training schemes covering all training formats from face-to-face, blended-learning up to e-learning scenarios (www.c3-training.de).
Join our team in the C³ Unit for Better Learning as an open-minded and versatile Consultant (m/f/d) and contribute to our mission to provide quality services worldwide. Part-time basis could be an option. The duty station will be Hamburg, including travel to developing countries.
The consultant will be responsible for project management, acquisition and strategic business development in adult education and capacity development.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Prepare and implement internal training courses on didactics as well as support didactically the development of inhouse trainings for the GFA Consulting Group;
- Develop didactical concepts and training manuals for a variety of capacity building programmes together with subject matter experts (presence-based and online);
- Training of trainers and teachers/facilitators;
- Contribute to digital learning at GFA and in our projects;
- Establish and maintain regular professional contacts and networking with clients, partners and sector experts;
- Manage training schemes in projects (backstopping), on-site and Hamburg-based;
- Conduct fact-finding and technical short-term consultancy missions;
- Elaborate reports, concepts and presentations and contribution to knowledge and quality management, including GFA publications;
- Represent GFA in conferences and seminars;
- Support on-the-job-training of our Junior Professionals.
- University degree (Master) in education or related field;
- At least 3-5 years of relevant work experience in the context of capacity development or moderation and facilitation of events;
- Full proficiency in written and spoken German and English, working knowledge of French/Arabic/Spanish or Russian would be an asset;
- Experience in the development and implementation of training schemes and courses (online or/and face-to-face), preferably train-the-trainer programs and courses based on a Learning Management System;
- Familiarity with the German (GIZ, KfW) and European development sector (e.g. EuropeAid, EIB, EBRD); a profound understanding of the strategies and policies of the relevant donor agencies will be an asset;
- Strong writing, communication and presentation skills;
- Advanced proficiency in standard MS Office applications;
- Willingness to travel abroad;
- Ability to manage complex situations with a sense of pragmatism.
What we offer
We work at the heart of International Cooperation and find solutions to global challenges through our projects. Integrated into a team of employees from all over the world and different backgrounds, we lay the foundation for you to grow and learn within GFA through continuous skills development and further training.
Our flexible working time model and our family-oriented company policy makes it possible for you to reconcile professional and private life. Even though Hamburg is a vibrant city, GFA offices are surrounded by nature. To get here fast and easy we offer a public transport reimbursement program.
The sense of community at GFA is very important to us. We regularly organize social events for people to get to know each other and to exchange.
Please send your application (cover letter, CV and references/certificates) per e-mail to:
Ms Ursula von den Driesch
Ursula von den Driesch email@example.com
Please read carefully our CONSENT TO THE USE OF PRIVATE DATA