We are one of the leading German consulting companies working in international development cooperation. At GFA Consulting Group, we strive to catalyse change to improve the quality of life of people around the world. We provide consulting services and implement projects financed through bilateral and multilateral funds. Our clients are GIZ, KfW, the European Commission and many others. Since 1982, we have been active in more than 130 countries and continuously expand the scope of our work, which currently includes ten technical business areas and corresponding departments.
In our business area Education, Skills Development and Employment (ESE) we focus on consultancy services related to General Education, Vocational Education and Training, Youth Employment as well as Labour Market Reform.
Join our team in the ESE Department in our headquarters in Hamburg as an open-minded and versatile Consultant (m/f/d) and contribute to our mission to provide quality services worldwide.
The Consultant will be responsible for project management. The person should have a sound knowledge and working experience in education and employment related fields.
The duty station will be Hamburg, with frequent travel to developing and fragile countries.
Key responsibilities include:
- Leading the acquisition process of new projects, including elaboration and coordination of technical and financial proposals;
- Establishing and maintaining regular professional contacts and networking with clients, partners and sector experts;
- Managing projects and studies (backstopping), on-site and Hamburg-based;
- Conducting technical short-term consultancy missions e.g. on labor market information, career counselling or education service delivery, including participation in feasibility studies and /or evaluations;
- Writing reports, concepts and presentations as well as contributing to knowledge and quality management, including GFA publications;
- Representing GFA in conferences and seminars;
- Supporting on-the-job-training of our Junior Professionals.
- University degree (Postgraduate Certificate / Master) in education management, economics or related field;
- Work experience in Vocational Education and Training or Employment Promotion;
- Experience in cross cutting issues such as youth or education in fragile states is an asset;
- 3-5 years relevant international work experience in development cooperation in international organisations or private sector consultancies, at least one year experience in working in a developing country context;
- Preferably 2 years or more of relevant experience in project implementation in the context of development cooperation, preferably with EU Contracts;
- Working proficiency in English and a second language (e.g. French, Spanish); Working proficiency in German is a strong asset;
- Strong qualities as a team player with an independent mind and a high level of intercultural skills.
What we offer:
We work at the heart of International Cooperation and find solutions to global challenges through our projects. Integrated into a team of employees from all over the world and different backgrounds, we lay the foundation for you to grow and learn within GFA through continuous skills development and further training.
Our flexible working time model and our family-oriented company policy makes it possible for you to reconcile professional and private life. Even though Hamburg is a vibrant city, GFA offices are surrounded by nature. To get here fast and easy we offer a public transport reimbursement program.
The sense of community at GFA is very important to us. We regularly organize social events for people to get to know each other and to exchange.
Please send your application (cover letter, CV and references/certificates) per e-mail to:
Ms Ursula von den Driesch
GFA Consulting Group GmbH
Ursula von den Driesch firstname.lastname@example.org
Please read carefully our CONSENT TO THE USE OF PRIVATE DATA