Consultant (m/f/d) in our Governance Department
We are one of the leading German consulting companies working within the framework of international development cooperation. We strive to catalyse change to improve the quality of life of people around the world. We provide consulting services and run projects financed through bilateral and multilateral funds, be it through GIZ, KfW, the European Commission or others. Since 1982, we have been active in more than 130 countries and continuously expand the scope of our work, which currently includes ten technical departments.
Within the Governance department, we concentrate on consultancy services related to Public Administration Reform, Decentralization, Justice/Rule of Law, Peace & Security, Social Protection, Promotion of Civil Society, and Urban Development.
Join one of our teams covering the Sub-Saharan African region or the Asia & Latin America region in the Governance department in Hamburg as an open-minded and versatile Consultant (m/f/d) and contribute to our mission to provide quality services worldwide. The duty station will be Hamburg with frequent travel primarily to the Sub-Saharan African region or the Asia & Latin America region (depending on the team), but possibly also other geographic areas.
- Acquisition of new projects, including elaboration and coordination of technical and financial proposals in the field of governance
- Management of ongoing projects and studies (backstopping) on site and Hamburg-based (financial and technical administration, monitoring and evaluation of projects and studies)
- Networking with donor agencies, beneficiaries, partner companies or institutions, subcontractors and experts
- Conducting fact-finding and technical short-term consultancy missions
- Elaboration of reports, concepts and presentations and contribution to knowledge and quality management
- Active contribution to the further development of the thematic areas mentioned above
- Representing GFA in conferences and seminars
- Supporting on-the-job-training of our Junior Professionals
- University degree (MA) in public administration, public management, public policy, political science, law, urban development, or other related area
- At least 3 years of relevant work experience in the context of development cooperation, preferably in the African or Latin American or Asian region
- Familiarity with the German (GIZ, KfW) but particularly with the European development sector (e.g. EuropeAid, EIB, EBRD); a profound understanding of the strategies and policies of the relevant donor agencies will be an asset
- Professional knowledge of concepts and policies of governance related issues, including e-governance
- Full proficiency in written and spoken English and working knowledge of German is a prerequisite; excellent knowledge of French (African region) or Spanish (Latin American region) is considered a strong asset;
- Willingness to travel abroad on a regular basis
- Strong writing, communication and presentation skills
- Ability to manage complex situations under tight schedules
- Ability to work in intercultural teams
What we offer:
We work at the heart of International Cooperation and find solutions to global challenges through our projects. Integrated into a team of employees from all over the world and different backgrounds, we lay the foundation for you to grow and learn within GFA through continuous skills development and further training.
Our flexible working time model and our family-oriented company policy makes it possible for you to reconcile professional and private life. Even though Hamburg is a vibrant city, GFA offices are surrounded by nature. To get here fast and easy we offer a public transport reimbursement program.
The sense of community at GFA is very important to us. We regularly organize social events for people to get to know each other and to exchange.
Interested candidates should send their complete application (cover letter, CV, work references / certificates) by email to:
Ms. Britta Müller-Matthesius
GFA Consulting Group GmbH
Tel.: (49) 40 603 06 - 225
Britta Müller-Matthesius Mueller-Matthesius@gfa-group.de
Please read carefully our CONSENT TO THE USE OF PRIVATE DATA