Consultant (m/f/d) in our Natural Resource Management and Environment Department (Team Eurasia) print
GFA Company Profile
We are one of the leading German consulting companies working in international development cooperation. At GFA Consulting Group, we strive to catalyse change to improve the quality of life of people around the world. We provide consulting services and implement projects financed through bilateral and multilateral funds. Our clients are GIZ, KfW, the European Commission and many others. Since 1982, we have been active in more than 130 countries and continuously expand the scope of our work, which currently includes ten technical business areas and corresponding departments.
In the Natural Resources Management and Environment (NRME) Department, we focus on consultancy services related to sustainable forest management, protected area and national park management, biodiversity conservation, environmental governance, climate change adaptation and mitigation as well as capacity and institutional development and good governance in the forest, natural resource and environment sector in Asia, Europe, Africa and Latin America region.
Join our NRME Department in Hamburg as an open-minded and versatile Consultant (m/f/d) and contribute to our mission to provide quality services worldwide.
We are looking for you, an enthusiastic and communicative colleague, who is willing and able to dedicate his/her abilities and networks to the different projects throughout the Eurasia region to manage forest landscapes, actively protect biodiversity and natural resources on different levels e.g. through the collaboration with national partners. The tasks include project conception and management, proposal writing, financial aspects of project management, willingness to acquire new skills. Desk work is combined with regular field trips and partner visits in the project regions.
- Acquisition of new projects including elaboration and coordination of technical and financial proposals in response to donor tenders with a focus on forest management, forest landscape restoration and nature conservation;
- Management of ongoing projects and studies Hamburg-based and on site (implementation management/ financial and technical administration, monitoring and evaluation of projects and studies, contract management, etc.), including Backstopping missions to the projects, also in remote and security relevant contexts;
- Networking with donor agencies, beneficiaries, partner companies or institutions, subcontractors and experts;
- Conducting fact-finding and technical short-term consultancy missions;
- Elaboration of reports, concepts and presentations and contribution to knowledge and quality management;
- Active contribution to the further development of the thematic area of sustainable forest management and nature conservation;
- Representing GFA in conferences and seminars;
- Supporting on-the-job-training of our Junior Professionals.
- University Degree (MSc. or PhD) in Forestry;
- Minimum 2 years relevant working experience in the context of development cooperation and sustainable forest management;
- Familiarity with German (GIZ, KfW), European (such as EU) or Regional/National development agencies, a profound understanding of the strategies and policies of the relevant donor institutions will be an asset;
- Full proficiency in written and spoken English and German, (C1-C2 based on Common European Framework of Reference for Languages), working knowledge of German is a must, at least a second spoken language (French, Spanish) is considered an asset;
- Familiarity with project planning and evaluation methods;
- Experience in tender processes according to international standards is an asset;
- Working experience in developing countries;
- Willingness to travel abroad and to remote areas;
- Strong concept development, writing, communication and presentation skills;
- Advanced proficiency in standard MS Office applications; experience with digital innovations for NRME project management;
- Ability to manage complex situations under tight schedules with a sense of pragmatism;
- Other skills: respectful communication skills, dedicated for conservation, transdisciplinary work experience, responsible acting, pragmatism, improvisation skills, intercultural competence, stress resistance and team player.
What we offer:
We provide a future-oriented workplace in a multi-cultural environment. We lay the foundation for you to grow and learn within GFA through continuous skills development and further training.
Our flexible working time model and our family-oriented company policy makes it possible for you to reconcile professional and private life. Even though Hamburg is a vibrant city, GFA offices are surrounded by nature. To get here fast and easy we offer a public transport reimbursement program.
The sense of community at GFA is very important to us. We regularly organize social events for people to get to know each other and to exchange.
Please send your application (cover letter, CV and references/certificates) until 10 December 2021 by e-mail to Mrs:
Heike Mainusch email@example.com
Please read carefully our CONSENT TO THE USE OF PRIVATE DATA