Consultant (m/f) for Private Sector Development in our Europe, Middle East and North Africa (EMENA) Department print
GFA Consulting Group is one of the leading German consulting companies within the framework of international development cooperation. Our core business is providing consulting services as well as managing projects financed through bilateral and multilateral funds. Since 1982, GFA has been active in more than 130 countries. Over the years, the company has continuously expanded the scope of its work which currently includes ten strategic business areas. In the Private Sector Development (PSD) we focus on consultancy services related to improvement of business environment for SME, SME development, trade, quality infrastructure, local and regional economic development as well as green economy subjects.
For our head office in Hamburg/Germany, we are ccurrently looking for an open- minded and versatile Consultant (m/f) to join our PSD team in the EMENA department.
The PSD consultant will be responsible for project management, acquisition and strategic business development in the above mentioned areas.
The duty station will be Hamburg, with frequent travel to the EMENA region. Key responsibilities will include:
- Strategic development of EMENA department’s private sector development related project portfolio with thematic areas such as improving business environment, business development services, trade, green economy and local economic development;
- Leading the acquisition process of new projects, including fact-finding missions, elaboration and coordination of technical and financial proposals;
- Establishing and maintaining regular professional contacts and networking with clients, partners and sector experts;
- Fully responsible management of projects and studies (backstopping), on-site and Hamburg-based;
- Conducting technical short-term consultancy missions, including participation in feasibility and project preparatory studies;
- Writing of reports, concepts and presentations as well as contributing to knowledge and quality management, including GFA publications;
- Representation of GFA in conferences and seminars;
- Supporting on-the-job-training of our Junior Professionals
- University degree (Master) in a relevant area (economics, business administration, development studies, or a related field);
- At least 2 years of relevant experience in the context of development cooperation and private sector development, including experience in working in donor funded projects and/or private sector business associations and/or public sector business support organisations;
- Working experience in at least one subject of private sector development as listed above (business development service; SME development, trade, green economy, local economic development), ideally in Eastern or South-Eastern Europe, Turkey and/or the MENA region;
- Familiarity with the German (GIZ, KfW) and European development sector (such as e.g. EBRD, EuropeAid, EIB) and a well-founded understanding of the strategies and programmes of the relevant donor agencies would be an asset;
- Full proficiency in written and spoken English and working knowledge of German and French are a prerequisite – proficiency in Russian is an asset;
- Working experience related to project management and administration both on field and headquarter level is highly appreciated;
- Strong writing, communication and presentation skills;
- Advanced proficiency in standard MS Office applications;
- Willingness to frequently travel abroad;
- Ability to manage complex situations with a sense of pragmatism.
Curious to get to know GFA?
If so, please send your complete application (cover letter, CV, work references / certificates) by email to email@example.com:
Your contact person:
Ms. Romy Rösner
GFA Consulting Group GmbH
Tel.: (+49) 40 603 06 - 806
Romy Rösner Roesner@gfa-group.de
Please read carefully our CONSENT TO THE USE OF PRIVATE DATA