GFA Consulting Group is one of the leading German consulting companies within the framework of international development cooperation. Our core business is providing consulting services as well as managing projects financed through bilateral and multilateral funds. Since 1982, GFA has been active in more than 130 countries. Over the years, the company has continuously expanded the scope of its work, which currently includes ten strategic business areas.
One of our thematic focal areas in the field of private sector development is trade and regional economic integration. Our project-based services aim at enabling developing countries to identify their trade objectives and to formulate related policies accordingly. Further, we help building capacity at the level of regional institutions and national governments to enable countries coping with the new tasks and challenges arising from regional economic integration. In both areas, we count on worldwide project experiences, e.g. Assistance to the SADC trade-related facility (Botswana), Regional Quality Infrastructure and SPS Systems (Central America), or Capacity Building for Trade and Private Sector Development (Nepal), and are eager to expand our experience further. For more information on GFA’s activities in the field of trade and regional integration, please visit www.gfa-group.de.
For our head office in Hamburg-Volksdorf, we are currently looking for an open-minded and versatile consultant (m/f) for trade and regional integration who will actively contribute to the further development of the trade and regional integration portfolio of the Africa department.
Interested candidates should send their complete application (cover letter, CV, work references / certificates) by email to:
Ms Dagmar Röhr
GFA Consulting Group GmbH
Tel.: (49) 40 603 06 - 224
- Leading the acquisition process of new projects, including elaboration and coordination of technical and financial proposals;
- Establishing and maintaining regular professional contacts and networking with clients, partners and sector experts;
- Backstopping of on-going projects and studies, on-site and Hamburg-based;
- Conducting technical short-term consultancy missions, including participation in feasibility and project preparatory studies;
- Elaboration of reports, concepts and presentations as well as contributing to knowledge and quality management, including GFA publications;
- Representation of GFA at conferences and seminars;
- Supporting on-the-job-training of our Junior-Professionals.
What we expect
- A university degree (Master) in a relevant area (e.g. economics, trade, development studies, or related field);
- At least 3 years of relevant experience in the context of trade and regional economic integration, ideally in Africa;
- Full proficiency in English, a good working knowledge of German and French (CEF level B2), additional proficiency in Portuguese is highly appreciated;
- Willingness to frequently travelling to sub-Saharan Africa;
- Familiarity with the German and European development sector and ideally a good understanding of the strategies and programs of the relevant donor agencies, such as EU, GIZ and KfW;
- Prior working experience related to project management and administration both on field and headquarter level;
- Strong writing, communication and presentation skills;
- Solid user knowledge of the MS Office package;
- Ability to manage complex situations with a sense of pragmatism.
What we offer
- The opportunity to further develop your field of expertise;
- A future-oriented work place in a multi-cultural environment with a strong focus on values and the joint aim to provide the best possible solutions for our clients and partners in the developing world;
- A responsible and team-oriented position with diversified tasks and a long-term perspective;
- Continuous skills development and further training;
- Measures to achieve a good work-life-balance, e.g. family-oriented company policy, health club discounts, transportation reimbursement programs;
- Joint activities to promote interpersonal cooperation.
Dagmar Roehr firstname.lastname@example.org
Please read carefully our CONSENT TO THE USE OF PRIVATE DATA