We are one of the leading German consulting companies working in international development cooperation. At GFA Consulting Group, we strive to catalyse change to improve the quality of life of people around the world. We provide consulting services and implement projects financed through bilateral and multilateral funds. Our clients are GIZ, KfW, the European Commission and many others. Since 1982, we have been active in more than 130 countries and continuously expand the scope of our work, which currently includes ten technical business areas and corresponding departments.
In our Private Sector Development (PSD) Department, we focus on consultancy services related to trade and regional integration, SME development, value chain development, regional economic development, quality infrastructure, and green economy in Africa, Asia, Latin America and the EMENA region. For our head office in Hamburg/Germany, we are currently looking for an open-minded and versatile Consultant (m/f/d) to join the Africa portfolio of the PSD Department.
The consultants will be responsible for project management, acquisition and strategic business development in developing or emerging countries.
Duty station will be Hamburg, with frequent travel to developing and emerging market countries in sub-Saharan Africa. Key responsibilities will include:
- Acquisition of new projects, including elaboration and coordination of technical and financial proposals in the field of private sector development;
- Establishing and maintaining regular professional contacts and networking with clients, partners and sector experts;
- Management of ongoing projects and studies (backstopping) on site and Hamburg-based (financial and technical administration, monitoring and evaluation of projects and studies);
- Conducting technical short-term consultancy missions, including participation in feasibility and project preparatory studies;
- Writing of reports, concepts and presentations as well as contributing to knowledge and quality management, including GFA publications;
- Representation of GFA in conferences and seminars;
- Supporting on-the-job-training of our Junior Professionals.
- University degree (Master) in a relevant area, e.g. economics, business administration, Development Studies, or similar;
- At least 3 years of relevant experience in the context of development cooperation related to private sector development, working experience in sub-Saharan Africa is an asset;
- Full proficiency in English, additional working knowledge of French, German, or Portuguese is highly appreciated;
- Familiarity with the European and the German development sector and ideally an understanding of the strategies and programs of the relevant donor agencies, such as EU and GIZ;
- Strong writing, communication and presentation skills;
- Advanced proficiency in standard MS Office applications;
- Willingness to frequently travel abroad;
- Ability to manage complex situations with a sense of pragmatism.
We work at the heart of International Cooperation and find solutions to global challenges through our projects. Integrated into a team of employees from all over the world and different backgrounds, we lay the foundation for you to grow and learn within GFA through continuous skills development and further training.
Our flexible working time model and our family-oriented company policy makes it possible for you to reconcile professional and private life. Even though Hamburg is a vibrant city, GFA offices are surrounded by nature. To get here fast and easy we offer a public transport reimbursement program.
The sense of community at GFA is very important to us. We regularly organize social events for people to get to know each other and to exchange.
Interested candidates should send their complete application (cover letter, CV, work references / certificates) by email to:
GFA Consulting Group GmbH
Tel.: (49) 40 603 06 – 223
Liliana Tiedt firstname.lastname@example.org
Please read carefully our CONSENT TO THE USE OF PRIVATE DATA