The project aims to reform and expand labour market-oriented training and further education, the institutional engagement of industry in vocational training and the improvement of the regulatory framework in order to make more qualified technical and management specialists available to support further development of RE.
The objectives are:
- To set-up and manage a short-term-experts pool and avail national and international experts for assignments that contribute to and/or achieve defined indicators with the respective deliverables.
- To ensure the availability of quality technical expertise and advice on:
- strengthening the institutional capacities of private sector actors to actively participate in planning and delivering TVET in the RE sector,
- improving the labour market orientation and relevance of TVET in the RE area,
- strengthening the regulatory framework to promote green employment in the electricity sector, and
- conducting scientific studies and advising on implementation strategies with regard to digitalisation and Industry 4.0 and its effects on TVET (both initial as well as further training), employment and labour markets in the field of RE in Indonesia.
- To ensure the availability of quality technical expertise and advice for setting-up a new and/or refining the existing Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) system of the project as well as capacity building of local project staff for MEL.
Tasks of the Coordinator:
- Overall responsibility for the advisory packages of the contractor
- Ensuring the coherence and complementarity of the contractor’s services with other services delivered by the project at local and national level
- Taking cross-cutting themes into consideration (i.e., digitalization, gender equality, inclusiveness)
- Short-term expert (STE) management, in particular identifying and contracting national and international STEs according to the needs of the project, planning and backstopping the STE assignments as well as quality assurance of STE reports and studies
- Ensuring that monitoring procedures are carried out
- Regular reporting in accordance with deadlines
- Responsibility for checking the use of funds and financial planning in close consultation with the officer responsible for the commission at GIZ
- Supporting the officer responsible for the commission in updating and/or adapting the project strategy, in evaluations and in preparing a follow-on phase
- Coordinate elaboration of studies, implementation strategies, policy recommendations and necessary stakeholder dialogues with focus on Industry 4.0 and digitalisation and with regard to the considered sectors
- Backstopping functions as required
- Permanent on-site presence of the coordinator is NOT required
Qualifications of the Coordinator:
- Master’s Degree in Educational Sciences or Economics or Social sciences
- Advanced language skills in English (C1 level), Bahasa Indonesia is an advantage.
- 8 years of professional experience in managing or backstopping complex development cooperation projects
- 8 years of professional experience in TVET, engagement of private sector in TVET and promotion of green skills, previous professional experience in RE skills development is an advantage
- 5 years of management/leadership experience as project team leader or manager in a company
- 5 years of professional work experience in Southeast Asia (region), of which is 3 years in projects in Indonesia
- Previous experience in backstopping BMZ-funded projects and good knowledge of GIZ project management instruments and processes incl. Capacity WORKS, Do No Harm and Safeguards and Gender
Application by: as soon as possible
Please send your CV to Ms Susanne Christ, email@example.com
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Thank you for your understanding.
Susanne Christ Christ@gfa-group.de
Please read carefully our CONSENT TO THE USE OF PRIVATE DATA