Energy-Water-Food NEXUS expert
The project will promote Sustainable Energy in Tajikistan by supporting the institutional, legal and regulatory environment in the energy sector, improving the capacities and efficiency of the Ministry of Energy and Water Resources (MoEWR), Barqi Tajik operators (BT Generation, Transmission Operator and System Operators), as well as the Electricity Regulation Department of the Antimonopoly Service. This will make the electricity market fairer and more transparent, based on non-discriminatory and cost-reflective tariffs and thus attractive for the private sector, and able to cope with the requirements of an efficient regional power market. The project will enhance the interaction and coordination between energy and water sector stakeholders, and support activities that will reduce greenhouse gas emissions and improve climate change adaptation.
The proposed Energy-Water-Food NEXUS expert will be responsible for directly implementing activities related to SO1: An enhanced Governance of the Energy Sector and its medium- and long-term gender-responsive development vision is established for the Green Transition of the Power Sector in Tajikistan.
The expert should coordinate the establishment of sound Strategic Planning processes, rules and procedures led by the Ministry of Energy and Water Resources (MEWR), considering an Energy-Water-Food Security Nexus approach; Support normalisation and coordination of the inter-ministerial relations and external communication (rules and procedures); Increase awareness on relation between deployment of new energy technologies and system’s water intensity, securing acceptable quality and quantity of water to all users and ecological protection; Support creation of a Water-Energy-Food Nexus Working Group in MEWR to increase cohesion among energy and water-irrigation policies-strategies-programmes and strengthen outreach to other stakeholders; Support introduction of the Energy-Water Nexus approach into national Energy Policies, national Strategies and Strategic Plans; Support creation of gender equitable and accessible mechanism for public consultations of water-energy related issues.
- At least a Master’s Degree academic level in engineering, or in the absence of such a Master’s Degree – an academic degree in a relevant field with more than 15 years of professional experience in the energy sector engineering;
- Excellent command of English both written and spoken;
- Knowledge of the Russian language would be an asset;
- Minimum 12 years of general professional experience in the energy sector;
- Minimum 5 years of technical and practical experience implementing projects in the context of Water, Energy, and Food Nexus;
- Demonstrated experience in supporting policy dialogues and development of strategies in the Nexus - Water and Energy;
- Proven experience as an expert in at least one EU-funded or international donor-funded project;
- Relevant experience in Central Asian countries would be an asset.
Severine Rix email@example.com
Please read carefully our CONSENT TO THE USE OF PRIVATE DATA