Consultant (m/f/d) in our Energy Department
We are one of the leading German consulting companies working in international development cooperation. At GFA Consulting Group, we strive to catalyse change to improve the quality of life of people around the world by promoting sustainable development to achieve the SDGs and leveraging opportunities for digital innovation. We provide consulting services and implement projects financed through bilateral and multilateral funds. Our clients are GIZ, KfW, the European Commission and many others. Since 1982, we have implemented projects in more than 130 countries and have continuously expanded our service offerings, which currently include ten technical business areas and corresponding departments.
In the Energy Department, we offer consultancy services related to sustainable energy with a focus on renewable energy, green hydrogen and energy efficiency. Our services include advice on the improvement of policy and institutional frameworks, energy sector studies, development of sustainable energy action plans, capacity building for energy management in private and public sectors, as well as the preparation and management of project pipelines for energy access, green hydrogen supply and energy efficiency measures.
Currently, we are extending our green hydrogen team to be in the forefront of this highly dynamic topic. We look for one or more consultants who can as a team cover the socioeconomic, technical and management aspects of green hydrogen projects.
Join our team in the Energy Department in Hamburg as an open-minded and versatile Consultant (m/f/d) and contribute to our mission to provide quality services worldwide.
- Acquisition of new projects, including elaboration and coordination of technical and financial proposals in the field of sustainable energy, particularly renewable hydrogen
- Management of ongoing projects and studies (backstopping) on site and Hamburg-based (financial and technical administration, monitoring and evaluation of projects and studies)
- Networking with donor agencies, beneficiaries, partner companies or institutions, subcontractors and experts
- Conducting fact-finding and technical short-term consultancy missions
- Elaboration of reports, concepts and presentations and contribution to knowledge and quality management
- Active contribution to the further development of the thematic areas “sustainable energy supply” and “green hydrogen” including expert assignments in projects
- Representing GFA in conferences and seminars
- Supporting on-the-job-training of our Junior Professionals
- University degree (MA) in engineering, engineering management, energy economics, environmental sciences, development studies with focus on energy sector
- At least 2 years of relevant work experience related to energy transition. Work experience in the context of development cooperation is an asset
- Solid understanding of socio-economic and/or technological aspects of sustainable energy sector and/or economic assessment of energy projects
- Experience in the area of green hydrogen including technological and/or economic assessment of markets and technologies is a strong asset.
- Familiarity with the German (GIZ, KfW) and European development sector (e.g. EuropeAid, EIB, EBRD) and a profound understanding of the strategies and policies of the relevant donor agencies is an asset
- Working experience in developing countries and/or threshold countries is an asset
- Full proficiency in written and spoken English and working knowledge of German is a prerequisite; at least intermediate level in French (B1) is considered a strong asset;
- Willingness to travel extensively to the partner countries worldwide
- Strong writing, communication and presentation skills
- Ability to manage complex situations under tight schedules
- Ability to work in intercultural teams
What we offer:
We work at the heart of International Cooperation and find solutions to global challenges through our projects. Integrated into a team of employees from all over the world and different backgrounds, we lay the foundation for you to grow and learn within GFA through continuous skills development and further training.
Our flexible working time model and our family-oriented company policy makes it possible for you to reconcile professional and private life. Even though Hamburg is a vibrant city, GFA offices are surrounded by nature. To get here fast and easy we offer a public transport reimbursement program.
The sense of community at GFA is very important to us. We regularly organize social events for people to get to know each other and to exchange.
Please send your application (cover letter, CV and references/certificates) per e-mail to:
Severine Rix firstname.lastname@example.org
Please read carefully our CONSENT TO THE USE OF PRIVATE DATA