This project is part of the Global Project “Promotion of agricultural finance for agri-based enterprises in rural areas” (Globalvorhaben “Förderung der Agrarfinanzierung für agrarbasierte Unternehmen im ländlichen Raum” (GV AgFin).
The GV AgFin aims at bridging the gap between the specific financial needs of the agricultural sector (demand side) and the insufficient provision of financial services for the agricultural sector (supply side). In a concerted approach that combines interventions on the demand and supply side, the main objective of the GV AgFin is to improve the supply of farms and agri-based enterprises with financial services adapted to their business models.
This assignment focuses on technical assistance support on the supply side to the country packages in Togo (Lot 1) and Burkina Faso (Lot 2) with a specific focus on the internal and external digitization of the partner financial institutions (PFIs). The specific objectives are:
- developing adapted digital financial services appropriate for smallholders, and agri-based enterprises (and/or for their organizations, associations, cooperatives) in selected agricultural value chains.
- capacity development (advisory, training and mentoring) for technical and managerial staff of the selected partner financial institutions and possible capacity development service providers, such as the association of microfinance institutions
- supporting the development of tailor-made solutions in the digitization of processes and products as presented above (internal and external digitization)
- developing a concept for cross-country learning and consulting exchange (South-South and North-South exchange) of PFIs.
For each country we are looking for a Digital Finance Expert with the following duties:
- Responsibility for the advisory packages of the contractor
- Ensuring constant contact and communication with partner FIs
- Regular operational planning together with GIZ and partner FIs
- Identifying needs for advisory indicated by partner FIs in the field of development of (adapted) digital financial products; the conceptualization and implementation of digitization strategies; capacity development of FIs staff members in digital topics
- Staff management: in particular, identification of need for short-term assignments within the available budget, planning and managing the assignments and supporting local and international experts
- Coordination of joint activities (e.g. trainings, workshops, seminars)
- Ensuring the coherence and complementarity of the contractor’s services with other services delivered by the project at local and national level
- Monitoring and evaluation of project activities and indicators
- Quarterly progress reporting to team leader
- Supporting the team leader and officer responsible for the commission in updating and/or adapting the project strategy and in evaluations
- Supporting the team leader in his/her contributions to general reporting of the GIZ programme to BMZ
Theda Matthiesen firstname.lastname@example.org
Please read carefully our CONSENT TO THE USE OF PRIVATE DATA