Long-term Expert: National Expert for Electric Mobility based in Surat
The new electric mobility project “Promoting the transformation to sustainable and climate-friendly electric mobility in India” is a new project in the existing EZ Programme "Sustainable Urban Development in India". The objective of the project is to improve the conditions for the coupling of the transport and energy sectors for climate-friendly electric and to improve the planning and implementation of sustainable transport in selected Indian city/Municipality (Surat as pilot citiy and Chandigarh, Mumbai, and one city from Uttar Pradesh as scale-up cities). The TC project focuses on strengthening and building capacity for the transition to climate-friendly electric mobility. A multi-level approach with national and local actors shall promote horizontal and vertical cooperation processes and strengthen national and local implementation structures and strategic skills. The coherence with Indian electric mobility strategies and with the climate protection goals agreed in the Paris Agreement shall be the guiding factor.
The contractor’s work would cover the following work packages:
- Work package 1: Strengthening the legislative, organisational, and financial framework as a prerequisite to the development of the electric mobility strategy/plan
- Work package 2: Technical Advisory, Training and Capacity Building
- Work package 3: Ad-hoc support
- Support in preparation of task/activities illustrated in the ToR, scope of work and assignments for international and national short-term experts
- Day-to-day coordination with the Project Manager/National Team Leader and at project city-level
- Support and coordinate with city partners, and project related stakeholders
- Documentation of activities under the project and report writing
- Support in preparation of communication and knowledge products on the project activities
- Provide inputs and support organise workshops, events, meetings, seminars, etc.
- Support to the Results-based Monitoring Systems and support to the preparation and updating of Capacity WORKs tools
- Document project activities and provide regular updates to the National Team Leader and GIZ Project Head
- Preparation and documentation of team meetings, team workshops, etc.
- Background research in the field of energy/electrical engineering, charging infrastructure, urban transport planning (e.g., CMP, motorised transport plans), governance, and institutional strengthening in the electric mobility sector.
- Technical inputs and quality assurance on selected deliverables from short-term experts.
- Experience in coordinating work with organisations/public sector at the municipal level in India.
- Experience in framework creation, organisational development, and implementation of market challenges.
- Experience in decision support tools for electric mobility and or transport-related issues
- Knowledge and Expertise in the transport and automotive sector and its trends
- Should have proven experience in identifying the barriers and opportunities for electric mobility penetration at city/municipality.
- Important expertise in the field of electric mobility, focused on public policy, vehicle recharging, technological development, and management of private and public fleets
- Should have a good understanding of the market stakeholders (public & private) for urban mobility and electric mobility in India.Having working experience in the international cooperation project/activities in India would be an advantage.
- Education/training: University degree (Master’s) in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering or Energy or Transport Planning and Management or Power Management or equivalent
- Language: Full proficiency in English (C2 level)
- General professional experience: 7 years of professional experience in urban mobility or low-carbon transport in India. Experience in the market regulations and on policies related to urban mobility and electric mobility in India.
- Specific professional experience: 2 years of consultancy experience in electric mobility projects with a thorough understanding of transport sector, policy, regulation, business models, services and technologies used in low-carbon transport or electric mobility or transport planning.
Karen Reschenberg email@example.com
Please read carefully our CONSENT TO THE USE OF PRIVATE DATA