GET.invest is a European program that aims at mobilizing investment in decentralized renewable energy projects. While large amounts of funding are available, there are too few viable business propositions and readily fundable project proposals, and too many funding proposals that do not connect efficiently with available financing opportunities. This problem especially affects decentralized renewable energy projects at the local level, and projects proposed by actors from within partner countries.
Against this background, the core rationale of GET.invest is to mobilize private sector investments and support project proponents (private as well as any other actors, e.g. community-based developers, NGO/CSO) to get their proposals ready for financing as fast as possible. GET.invest draws on the experiences of its predecessor, the Africa-EU Renewable Energy Cooperation Programme (RECP), while further streamlining its advisory portfolio and extending its services globally.
For this project, the GFA is looking for different experts with different background : Team Leader (+20 years of professional experience), Senior Consultant (+10 years of expertise), and Consultant (+ 5 years of expertise).
- Coordination with other experts in the team to mobilize specific geographic or thematic / technical / legal expertise in the following fields :
- Renewable energy project development and financing
- Private sector participation and private sector development
- Renewable energy policy and regulatory framework
- Management of relation with partners involved in the supported projects
- Activation of a strong established network among project and business developers, financiers, as well as government and development partner representatives
- Provision of data and information for the M&E System
- University qualification (German “Diplom”/Master), preferably in Economics, Law, Engineering, Social Science
- Excellent English language skills mandatory
- Experience in renewable energy in developing countries (renewable energy experience from other geographic areas will not be considered)
- Experience in Renewable energy project development and -financing (Private sector participation and private sector development Renewable energy policy and regulatory frameworks)
- Professional experience in projects in in Sub-Saharan Africa
- Experience in other relevant geographic areas is a strong asset (e.g. Caribbean)-
- Professional experience in DC projects
- Upper intermediate French language skills (level B2)
Clement Le Navenec Le-Navenec@gfa-group.de
Please read carefully our CONSENT TO THE USE OF PRIVATE DATA