International Fiscal Agent Manager/ Team Leader DRC
The Ministry of Health (MOH) of the Democratic Republic of the Congo benefits from the Global Fund grants intended to finance programs to fight against HIV/AIDS and Tuberculosis, and from GAVI Alliance grants for the strengthening of health systems and immunization campaigns in all their diversity. In order to optimize the management of health sector financing, the Ministry of Health created a support and management unit (CAGF) by Ministerial Order No. 1250/CAB/MINSP/075/2009 of 16 November 2009. The CAGF has been operational since 2011 and has mainly managed GAVI and the Global Fund to Fight AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria (GF) funding.
PEV and SANRU are further Sub-Recipient only for GAVI and several National Program (PNLT, PNLS; PNLP, DSSP/DSNIS) are sub-recipients for the Global Fund only.
In addition, some DPS “Division Provinciale de la Santé” are also regional sub-recipients from GAVI and the Global Fund, under the oversight of the Fiscal Agent.
In order to assist the Ministry of Health in the management and correct accounting of the resources made available through the grants, the Global Fund and GAVI have selected GFA Consulting Group as Fiscal Agent.
For this ongoing project in DRC, we are now looking for a new Fiscal Agent Manager/Team leader to start soon (tbd).
The Expert will be in charge of the following:
- Supervising his team of Finance Managers in Kinshasa office and in DPS locations
The team is devised in
o A financial team for the Global Fund grants management
o A financial team for the GAVI grants management
o A financial team for the activities in the provinces
o A team for all strategic or operational related activities (fraud risk management, procurement, clerical support, quality management)
- Supervision of compliance checks for grants principal and sub-recipients
- Quality control of the grants payment requests from central and provincial level and final approval after internal review from Finance Specialists in Kinshasa office
- Quality control of monthly closure and reconciliation of the Principal Recipient
- Quality control of finance reporting and reconciliation with the Fiscal Agent system (BIS FRT)
- Quality control of SR reporting
- Management of the Fiscal Agent’s Quarterly Report
- Coordination of project planning (short-term missions, missions to the provinces)
- Progress monitoring
- Planning of procurement of material equipment of the staff
- Monthly control of staff Time Sheets
- Coordination, planning and management of staff leave
- Budget planning and control
- A minimum of 10 years of financial management experience, preferably in the health, social or financial sector, with:
o Strong Country management and team management skills, ability to prioritize tasks and meet multiple deadlines in complex environment;
o In-depth knowledge of issues relating to Country management in developing countries;
o Strong technical skills covering the key objectives that are included in the Terms of Reference
o Strong interpersonal skills, diplomacy and tact to effectively communicate with senior-level officials, multiple stakeholders and professionals from diverse cultural and professional backgrounds; and
o Strong professional oral communication, writing and analytical skills, including the development of reports, oral presentations, and technical/persuasive documents.
- Experience in fraud management in donor funded programs or public/private will be an asset
- Experience in the health sector related to financial management or with the Global Fund and/or GAVI is a strong asset
- Experience in the management of a large team is an asset
- Experience as LFA (Local Fund Agent) is an asset
- Graduate degree in: Finance/Accounting, Audit, Business Administration (MBA) or similar.
- A membership in an industry or recognised professional body (e.g. ACCA, CPA , CFE ,etc) is an asset
- Fluency in French and English (mandatory)
Andrea Leber email@example.com
Please read carefully our Information on our processing of personal data and rights as a job applicant (EN)/ Informationen zur Datenverarbeitung und Rechte als BewerberIn (DE)