French Speaking Consultant/Project Manager (m/f/d) for our Vocational Education and Employment Projects
We are one of the leading German consulting companies working in international development cooperation. At GFA Consulting Group, we strive to catalyse change to improve the quality of life of people around the world by promoting sustainable development to achieve the SDGs and leveraging opportunities for digital innovation. We provide consulting services and implement projects financed through bilateral and multilateral funds. Our clients are GIZ, KfW, the European Commission and many others. Since 1982, we have implemented projects in more than 130 countries and have continuously expanded our service offerings, which currently include ten technical business areas and corresponding departments.
In our business area Education, Skills Development and Employment (ESE) we focus on consultancy services related to General Education, Vocational Education and Training, Youth Employment as well as Labour Market Reform.
Join the West Africa team in our ESE Department in Hamburg, Germany, as an open-minded and versatile Consultant/ Project Manager (m/f/d) and contribute to our mission to provide quality services worldwide.
- Acquisition of new projects, including elaboration and coordination of technical and financial proposals
- Management of ongoing projects (Hamburg-based backstopping) basically in West Africa , i.e. financial and technical administration, including monitoring and expert management, with regular travels to the projects on-site
- Networking with donor agencies, beneficiaries, partner companies or institutions, subcontractors and experts
- Conducting fact-finding and technical short-term consultancy missions
- Elaboration of reports, concepts and presentations and contribution to knowledge and quality management
- Active contribution to the further development of the thematic fields of the ESE department
- Representing GFA in conferences and seminars
- Supporting on-the-job-training of our Junior Professionals
- University degree (Postgraduate Certificate / Master) in education management, economics or related field;
- Work experience in Vocational Education and Training or Employment Promotion;
- Experience in cross cutting issues such as youth or education in fragile states is an asset;
- 3-5 years relevant international work experience in development cooperation in international organisations or private sector consultancies, at least one year experience in working in a developing country context;
- Preferably 2 years or more of relevant experience in project implementation in the context of development cooperation;
- First experience with digital learning methods, e-learning platforms or ICT applications for education will be a strong asset
- Working proficiency in English and French is mandatory, fluency in German will be a strong asset;
- Strong qualities as a team player with an independent mind and a high level of intercultural skills.
What we offer:
We work at the heart of International Cooperation; finding solutions to global challenges through our projects and diverse team of employees from all over the world. In this context, we lay the foundation for you to grow and learn within GFA through continuous skills development and further training.
Our flexible working time model, the possibility to work from home, and our family-orientated company policy facilitate a healthy work-life balance. GFA’s offices are surrounded by nature, despite being easily and quickly accessible from central Hamburg. To promote climate-friendly commuting, we offer a public transport reimbursement program.
The sense of community at GFA is very important to us. We regularly organize social events for people to get to know each other and to provide opportunities for exchange.
Please send your application (cover letter, CV, copies of diplomas and references/certificates) per e-mail to:
Ursula von den Driesch
Ursula von den Driesch firstname.lastname@example.org
Please read carefully our CONSENT TO THE USE OF PRIVATE DATA