French speaking Junior Professional (m/f/d) in our Education, Skills and Employment Department print
We are one of the leading German consulting companies working in international development cooperation. At GFA Consulting Group, we strive to catalyse change to improve the quality of life of people around the world. We provide consulting services and implement projects financed through bilateral and multilateral funds. Our clients are GIZ, KfW, the European Commission and many others. Since 1982, we have been active in more than 130 countries and continuously expand the scope of our work, which currently includes ten technical business areas and corresponding departments.
In our business area Education, Skills Development and Employment (ESE) we focus on consultancy services related to General Education, Vocational Education and Training, Youth Employment as well as Labour Market Reform.
Join our team in the ESE Department in Hamburg as an open-minded and versatile Junior Professional (m/f/d) and contribute to our mission to provide quality services worldwide.
You work under guidance of a senior consultant with increasing responsibility in the following areas:
- Acquisition of new projects, including elaboration and coordination of technical and financial proposals
- Management of ongoing projects and studies (backstopping) on site and Hamburg-based (financial and technical administration, monitoring and evaluation of projects and studies)
- Networking with donor agencies, beneficiaries, partner companies or institutions, subcontractors and experts
- Conducting fact-finding and technical short-term consultancy missions
- Elaboration of reports, concepts and presentations and contribution to knowledge and quality management
- Representing GFA in conferences and seminars
- University degree (MA) in a field related to vocational education and training, economics or social sciences
- 1 - 2 years of relevant work experience (incl. internships) in one or more of the above mentioned fields; first experience with digital learning methods, e-learning platforms or ICT applications for education will be a strong asset;
- Past work experience in developing countries / in development cooperation will be considered an asset
- Full proficiency in written and spoken English and French is mandatory, as well as a good working knowledge of German;
- Willingness to travel abroad and to remote areas
- Strong writing, communication and presentation skills
- Ability to manage complex situations with a sense of pragmatism
- Ability to work in intercultural teams
What we offer:
We work at the heart of International Cooperation; finding solutions to global challenges through our projects and diverse team of employees from all over the world. In this context, we give you the possibility to grow and learn within GFA through our Junior Professional Training Program including continuous skills development and further training. After successful completion, we offer you a permanent position as Consultant.
Our flexible working time model, the possibility to work from home, and our family-orientated company policy facilitate a healthy work-life balance.
GFA’s offices are surrounded by nature, despite being easily and quickly accessible from central Hamburg. To promote climate-friendly commuting, we offer a public transport reimbursement program.
The sense of community at GFA is very important to us. We regularly organize social events for people to get to know each other and to provide opportunities for exchange.
Please send your application (cover letter, CV, copies of diplomas and references/certificates) per e-mail to:
Ms Ursula von den Driesch
Ursula von den Driesch firstname.lastname@example.org
Please read carefully our CONSENT TO THE USE OF PRIVATE DATA