Hydrological Flood Forecasting Expert & Team Leader
The project aims to support implementation of the Bosnia and Herzegovina Action Plan for Flood Protections and Water Management and increase capacities of the key stakeholders for flood risk management in terms of prevention, protection and preparedness to respond to potential hazards.
More specifically, the project will serve to develop the system for hydrological flood forecasting for Bosna River (including sub-basins of Ukrina, Tinja and Brka rivers), to set an consistent and integrated system to support effective data management and development of hydrological and hydraulic simulations with long-term flexibility in application. This will be done through consistent and coordinated development and implementation of cutting edge tools and technologies and strengthening capacities of Hydro-Meteorological Services (HMSs) and Water Agencies in BiH.
The Project Team Leader is responsible for the overall management of the project and provides leadership to the project team for timely completion of all project activities in order to achieve the expected project results. S/he will be responsible for the implementation of all tasks, coordination and supervision of the individual expert inputs and will be responsible of the interim progress reporting to the EU as well as the quality control of all project deliverables.
S/he will be the primary contact for the EU.
- University degree in a discipline relevant to the scope of the assignment, such as hydrology, water resources management, hydrometeorology, civil engineer or equivalent professional experience.
- Specific technical experience in hydrological flood forecasting, flood protection, hydrological and hydraulic simulations, is considered a distinct advantage.
- Proven experience with institutional and capacity development in the water sector, preferably in the Balkan region
- Proven past experiences as Team Leader in similar projects, preferably in the Balkan region
- Fluency in English (Bosnian, Serbian, Croatian is considered a distinct advantage)
- Proven experience with working with bilateral and/or multilateral development partners
- Previous experience working as a Team Leader of EU-funded projects and knowledge of the relevant rules and procedures will be seen as a distinct advantage
- Initiative, tact and proven ability to maintain harmonious working relationships in a multicultural setting with good leadership and team spirit
Regine Reuter email@example.com
Please read carefully our CONSENT TO THE USE OF PRIVATE DATA