The Mekong Delta provides livelihoods for 21 million people. It is also one of the parts of the world most affected by climate change. The impact of inappropriate land and water management combined with the consequences of climate change threaten the existence of this ecosystem, its role as a major supplier of rice and other agricultural produce, and ultimately the livelihoods of its people.
The Government of Viet Nam, also with support from GIZ and other international institutions, has taken the first steps towards developing strategies, plans and legal frameworks aimed at creating the conditions required for a holistic approach to climate-resilient management of the Mekong Delta. With its initiative Mekong Delta Climate Resilience Programme (MCRP), GIZ aims at improving the regional coordination of these actions in all 13 provinces in the Mekong Delta and with the national level.
The objective of this project is to improve climate-resilient management of natural resources in the coastal areas to ensure sustainable development in the region. Measures will help establish the institutional framework for regional coordination and investment planning for the climate-resilient and gender-sensitive management of water resources in urban and rural areas in the Mekong Delta. The programme will also focus on innovative technologies for combatting coastal and riverbank erosion in urban, rural and coastal planning zones. It further aims to promote climate-smart and water-sensitive infrastructure in this area.
GFA has been working in both North and South Vietnam since 1990, implementing projects on behalf of the German Cooperation in Water Resource Management, Forest and Mangrove rehabilitation and Sustainable Tourism.
For this opportunity, GFA is looking for an expert (Vietnamese national only) for the position of “Integrated urban and rural hubs coordinator” with the following profile
- Assess the status of integrated urban and rural hubs
- Preparation of selection criteria and process for feasibility studies for integrated urban and
- rural hubs
- Develop practical and sustainable models of integrated urban and rural hubs for selection
- to carry out the feasibility studies
- Prepare the terms of reference for the three feasibility studies for integrated urban and rural
- Coordinate and monitor the implementation of the feasibility studies
- Lead national short-term experts and partner leaders and officials in institutional development of integrated urban and rural hubs and the development of coordination mechanisms
- Coordinate linkages between the established inter-provincial coordination mechanisms and integrated urban and rural hubs
- Report to the team leader and the coordinator on the development of an enabling policy and regulatory framework to establish integrated urban and rural hubs
- Development of training materials and concepts as well as delivery of capacity strengthening measures for integrated urban and rural hubs
- Education/training: Master’s degree in governance, institutional and capacity development and infrastructure investment, business development, climate change or urban and rural resilience
- Language: Knowledge of English (C2) ; Knowledge of Vietnamese (C2) in the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages
- General professional experience: 10 years of professional experience in the governance sector in Vietnam, institutional development, government planning and budgeting, urban and rural climate resilience or business development
- Specific professional experience: 10 years of professional experience in institutional strengthening, government planning and investment processes in Vietnam, capacity development or development of a policy and regulatory framework for urban and rural development,
- Leadership/management experience: 4 years of management/leadership experience as project team leader or manager in a company
- Development cooperation (DC) experience: 4 years of experience in DC projects
Regine Reuter firstname.lastname@example.org
Please read carefully our CONSENT TO THE USE OF PRIVATE DATA