International Chief Technical Advisor (financial cooperation)
As part of the German Financial Cooperation (FC) with Indonesia, the Federal Republic of Germany will foster plans to promote the Social Forestry Programme of the Indonesian Government in their efforts to establish 12.7 million ha social forestry area. Social forestry is expected to reduce poverty, promote equitable distribution of income, contribute to biodiversity conservation, and to support the emissions reduction targets of the national climate change strategy. The establishment of social forestry implies not only the formal transfer of land use and management rights. It also requires comprehensive support to user groups and administrations, regarding investments (border demarcation, equipment, infrastructure, forest rehabilitation, and law enforcement), as well as accompanying extension services, advice and capacity development. This Social Forestry Programme should enable local user groups and responsible administrations in selected locations to establish sustainable forest management. Therefore, the primary target groups are local communities and forest user groups in rural areas as well as the administrators responsible for forest conservation and management at province and district level.
Requested consulting services include assistance to the Project Executing Agency (PEA) in the following tasks:
- All managerial and administrative aspects of the delivery of the German contribution to the project (technical and financial planning and management; procurement; team management; project monitoring and reporting etc.);
- Support the development and implementation of Social Forestry Programme;
- Foster institutional capacity development on social forestry at various levels;
- Provide specific technical expertise on sustainable and climate adaptive community-based forest management, participatory (agro-) forestry planning and community development;
- Interactive, coordinated cooperation with the PEA, partners and other projects;
- Other tasks specified by the Terms of References.
Heike Mainusch firstname.lastname@example.org
Please read carefully our CONSENT TO THE USE OF PRIVATE DATA