The aim of the contract is to support Kosovo's access to and competitiveness on the markets in agricultural products. In this regard, assistance will be provided to Kosovo for alignment to CMO related standards and practices, as well as for implementation of a comprehensive and well integrated agricultural information system.
Component 1) Capacity Building related to CMO standards and practices
- Assessment of current status of CMO regulations in Kosovo as well as gap analysis between Kosovo and EU standards
- Support in drafting of a legal basis in Kosovo with regards to EU standards and regulations
- Capacity building for ministerial staff in topics related to CMO
- Assessment of agricultural statistics produced in Kosovo as well as gap analysis between Kosovo and EU countries (incl. Eurostat)
- Development of strategy how to improve data collection, as well as data integration into a single data systems in the responsible Ministry
- Capacity building for ministerial staff how to ensure an integrated agri-statistical data system (in cooperation with other ministries / institutions) and how to use data best for policy making
Direct access for the responsible Ministry in Kosovo to available agricultural data plays an important role in policy formulation. This project aims to improve Kosovo’s agricultural statistic system to make it more integrated, user-friendly and comprehensive. An integrated agricultural information system, containing different statistical sources like FADN, LPIS, farm and animal register, etc, shall be improved. Furthermore, the ministerial staff shall be trained in using the date for policy making.
The proposed Key Expert 2 will be responsible for the implementation of activities related agricultural statistics.
- At least a Master's Degree (university or equivalent institution or a recognised professional qualification) in the field of agriculture or statistics with focus on agricultural statistics, or other related relevant fields;
- At least 10 years of relevant professional experience working with European agricultural statistics systems
- Strong knowledge of EU agricultural statistics standards and practices in member states or candidate countries
- Experience in EU candidate countries supporting the alignment process with EU standards is an asset
- Regional experience in the Balkan region is an asset
- Experience in working with bilateral and/or multilateral development partners – EU experience is an asset;
- Fluency in both written and spoken English;
Regine Reuter email@example.com
Please read carefully our CONSENT TO THE USE OF PRIVATE DATA