International Project Manager / Team Leader
The Demand side management, Social Infrastructure, Renewables and Energy Efficiency (DESIREE) is a 5-year programme conceived between the EIB and the EU Commission through DG INTPA . DESIREE is a programmatic intervention addressing the following sectors: energy efficiency, electrification of social infrastructure and clean cooking.
The TA will implement tailor-made support adapted to specific objectives and needs of the counterparts in 5 to 8 countries in Africa, Asia and Latin America. Tasks will include upstream activities (sector strategies, master plans, national tariffs, unit cost studies etc.); the preparation and review of project documentation (technical feasibility including demand and option analysis, energy market reform, economic and financial analysis, environmental impact assessment, feasibility studies, climate risk and vulnerability assessment, social impacts assessment, institutional viability, project governance mechanisms and procurement strategy); support to project implementation)preparation and review of detailed designs and tender documents, EE studies, grid assessment) including capacity building; horizontal issues (gender and climate change related activities)
The International Project Manager / Team Leader will be responsible for the overall planning and implementation of the project including: timely submission of required reports, coordination of all project activities and aspects, organizing and supervising all project management matters, lead drafting of the strategic documents resulting from the project and management of the team of experts.
The Team Leader is also responsible for presenting the project outputs to relevant stakeholders, Government of Beneficiary country and the Contracting Authority within the agreed timetable.
General professional experience:
- Advanced university degree (Master degree) or equivalent in a discipline relevant to the scope of the assignment such as engineering, energy, business administration, finance/banking, economics or equivalent;
- At least 15 years of general professional experience in the field of energy, with a strong background in EE and RE;
- Fluency in written and spoken English (C1 level) is a must; French and Spanish would be an asset
- Excellent project management skills with proven experience as a team leader in managing larger technical assistance projects or programs on overall project implementation and coordinating activities across several countries (over 2.Million EUR);
Specific professional experience:
- Minimum of 10 years of specific experience in implementing EE & RE projects including but not limited to capacity building of utilities, working with/for Energy Service Companies (ESCOs), Demand Side Management, and scaling private sector business models for rural electrification and clean cooking;
- Experience in providing advice on the national Energy Sector Legal and Institutional Framework;
- Working experience with EU or EIB or other DFIs such as EBRD, AfDB, ADB, KfW, AFD, Word Bank, CAF, USAID;
- Proven working experience in Africa, Asia and Latin America with a focus on Ivory Coast, Ecuador, India, Kenya and Uganda. Experience in Colombia, Dominican Republic, Brazil and Madagascar is an asset.
Barbara Muratori firstname.lastname@example.org
+49 40 60306 222
Please read carefully our Information on our processing of personal data and rights as a job applicant (EN)/ Informationen zur Datenverarbeitung und Rechte als BewerberIn (DE)