The overall goal for the development of WfP is to promote development of cost-effective and sustainable water supply and water management for increased production and contribution to the modernization of the agricultural sector in Uganda with a focus on poverty reduction and minimal environmental impacts in Karamoja region.
To fulfil this goal, the Ministry of Water and Environment (MWE) defined objectives, strategies and key areas of intervention for the WfP sub-sector in its Sector Investment Plan of 2015-16 to 2019-20. One of the objectives of the sub-sector is to increase the functionality and utilization of WfP facilities.
To achieve the sub-sector objective, the Department of Water for Production (DWfP) seeks to review and update the O&M Strategy and Plan that was developed in 2008 and to develop O&M Technical and Management Manuals for WfP facilities.
Under this assignment, the following tasks are going to be performed:
1) Carry out a comprehensive situation analysis on operation, maintenance and management of WfP facilities across the country;
2) Review and update the O&M Strategy and Implementation Plan for the sustainable management of WfP facilities;
3) Review and update the O&M Sustainable Management Manual for WfP facilities;
4) Develop the O&M Technical Manual for WfP facilities and related posters.
- On-site assignment for three expert months;
- Responsible for achieving the four mentioned project tasks in high quality and in time;
- Management of the three national experts (Social Scientist /Community Development Specialist, Water Resources Specialist and Institutional Management Specialist).
- Senior Water/Civil Engineer with a Master’s degree in a water/civil/irrigation engineering field;
- 10 years technical experience in construction, development and management of WfP facilities;
- Vast work experience (3 missions) in Sub-Saharan African countries;
- Vast experience (3 assignments) in the field of irrigation systems, dams, project planning and management of water for production infrastructure;
- Proven leadership / management skills (ideally experience as Team Leader in 5 previous assignments);
- Experience in international development cooperation (3 assignments for donor agencies), with public service entities and organizational development;
- Excellent command of the spoken and written English language.
Ingrid Wawrzynowicz firstname.lastname@example.org
Please read carefully our CONSENT TO THE USE OF PRIVATE DATA