International Team Leader Natural Resource Management
|Within the framework of German Financial Cooperation (FC), the Federal Government is currently examining the support of a nature conservation project in Tanzania. The objectives are the protection and sustainable use of the natural resources of the protected areas Serengeti National Park (NP), Mahale Mountains NP, Katavi NP, the Katavi-Mahale Wildlife Corridor and selected village use zones in the neighboring districts and improving the living conditions of the residents' population. |
The project consists of two components:
Component 1:- i.a. participatory land-use planning, income-generating measures and promotion of community-based natural resource management (CBNRM), construction of a bridge over the Mara River, development of the infrastructure in Fort Ikoma and investments in sustainable water infrastructure. Project region: Serengeti National Park (Bariadi districts, Tarime and Burda, limited support for the districts of Ngorongoro and Serengeti).
Component 2: i.a. participatory land-use planning, demarcation of the wildlife corridor, income-generating measures and promotion of CBNRM in the districts of Mpanda, Uvinza and Tanganyika, construction of climate-resilient socio-economic infrastructure as well as rehabilitation and new construction of park infrastructure and the improvement of park management. Project region: Mahale Mountains and Katavi National Parks (Uvinza,Tanganyika and Mpanda districts).
| The Chief Technical Advisor will be responsible for the overall coordination of the project implementation and the supervision and guidance of the Consultant’s team. |
The tasks of the CTA include but are not necessarily restricted to the following:
- Postgraduate university degree in natural resource management, rural development, protected area management, wildlife management or other fields of relevance to this project;
- Good understanding and proven track record in areas such as biodiversity conservation, protected area management, integrated rural development, natural resource management, community development with proven practical work experience in these fields at least 10 years;
- Proven work experience as team leader in long-term assignments, at least 8 years;
- Work experience preferably in African countries with similar socio-economic conditions;
- Strong background in management and financial administration of development projects, including M&E of project implementation;
- Professional experience with donor-funded projects; specific knowledge of German Financial Cooperation (management procedures, reporting, etc.);
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and proficiency in the English language;
- Team player, who is capable of working under different and sometimes difficult conditions.
Heike Mainusch firstname.lastname@example.org
Please read carefully our CONSENT TO THE USE OF PRIVATE DATA