Consultant (m/f/d) for Decentralisation, Local Governance and Urban Development in our GOVERNANCE Department
GFA Consulting Group is one of the leading German consulting companies in international development cooperation. Our core business is providing consulting services as well as managing projects financed by bilateral and multilateral funds. Since 1982, GFA has been active in more than 130 countries and has continuously expanded the scope of its work. It currently includes eleven strategic business areas.
For our head office in Hamburg/Germany, we are currently looking for an open-minded and versatile Consultant (m/f/d) to reinforce our Governance Team.
In the strategic business area of Governance, we concentrate on consultancy services related to Justice/Rule of Law, Peace & Security, Public Administration Reform, Decentralization, Social Protection, Promotion of Civil Society, and Urban Development. In the field of Urban Development, GFA is presently working on topics such as urban mobility, green freight, sustainable smart cities and climate-resilient infrastructure.
Join our team covering the Africa region in the Governance department in Hamburg as an open-minded and versatile Consultant (m/f/d) and contribute to our mission to provide quality services worldwide.
- Business development in for projects financed by GIZ, KfW, EU.
- Leading the acquisition process of new projects, including elaboration and coordination of technical and financial proposals;
- Establishing and maintaining regular professional contacts and networking with clients, partners and sector experts;
- Fully responsible management of and quality assurance in projects and studies (backstopping), on-site and Hamburg-based;
- Conducting technical short-term consultancy missions, including participation in feasibility and project preparation studies;
- Writing of reports, concepts and presentations as well as contributing to knowledge and quality management, including GFA publications;
- Representation of GFA in conferences and seminars;
- Active contribution to the transversal cooperation with various departments and subsidiaries across GFA Group to unlock synergies within the GFA Climate & Energy Cluster and strengthen GFA’s position in the climate and energy related markets.
- University Degree (Master) in political sciences, economics and international development, public administration, urban development, urban/regional planning, geography or other related areas;
- At least 5 years of relevant working experience in the context of development cooperation;
- Professional knowledge of concepts and policies as well as professional experience in the area of decentralization and local governance and in related fields such as public administration reform, social cohesion, civil society support.
- Specialized knowledge and experience in areas of urban development, climate / infrastructure finance and public service provision, and related topics is an asset;
- Hands-on experience in development projects through long or short term assignments;
- Familiarity with the German and European development cooperation sector and a well-founded understanding of the strategies and programmes of the relevant donor agencies (GIZ, KfW, e.g. EC DG INTPA/DG NEAR, EIB, EBRD, SDC) would be an asset;
- Full proficiency in written and spoken English and Spanish or French is a prerequisite – proficiency in German is highly appreciated;
- Team player with excellent networking skills, ability to work with people with different nationalities and backgrounds;
- Strong writing, communication and presentation skills;
- Advanced proficiency in standard MS Office applications;
- Willingness to travel abroad on a regular basis;
- Ability to manage complex situations with a sense of pragmatism.
What we offer:
- A future-oriented work place in a multi-cultural environment with a strong focus on values and the joint aim to provide the best possible solutions for our clients and partners in the developing world;
- A responsible and team-oriented position with diversified tasks and a long-term perspective;
- Continuous skills development and further training;
- A comprehensive set of benefits, e.g. family-oriented company policy, fitness club discounts, public transport reimbursement program, flexible working hours;
- A companywide sustainability concept;Events for and with employees.
Interested candidates should send their complete application (cover letter, CV, work references/ certificates) by email to:
Ms Karen Reschenberg
GFA Consulting Group GmbH
Tel.: (49) 040 603 06 - 122
Karen Reschenberg firstname.lastname@example.org
Please read carefully our CONSENT TO THE USE OF PRIVATE DATA