Junior Professional in Public Health
We are one of the leading German consulting companies working in international development cooperation. At GFA Consulting Group, we strive to catalyse change to improve the quality of life of people around the world. We provide consulting services and implement projects financed through bilateral and multilateral funds. Since 1982, we have been active in more than 130 countries and continuously expand the scope of our work, which currently includes more than ten technical business areas and corresponding departments.
The core business of our health department, GFA Medica, is to support health sector reforms in developing and transition countries.
Join our team in the health department and contribute to our success. We have a full time job opening at our headquarters in Hamburg for a Junior Professional in Public Health which we wish to fill as soon as possible. You will provide technical assistance to our on-going projects and support our acquisition activities.
- Assist in the preparation of pre-qualification documents, technical and financial proposals and project management;
- Participate in fact finding missions, feasibility studies or expert assignments;
- Establish and maintain excellent networks and professional relationships with our clients, beneficiaries, partner companies or institutions, subcontractors as well as individual experts;
- Contribute to GFA’s knowledge and quality management system.
- A university degree in public health, health sciences, health economics or medical studies;
- Approximately two years of work experience or alternatively two long-term internships in a relevant field;
- First work experience in developing or transition countries;
- First experience with the German or European development cooperation e.g. GIZ, KfW, EuropeAid, and a basic understanding of the strategies and programs of the relevant funding agencies would be an asset;
- Good organizational and writing skills and demonstrated ability to handle multiple tasks;
- Strong negotiation, communication and interpersonal skills, ability to work in teams;
- Full proficiency in English and French; German is an asset;
- Nationality of one of the EU member states or valid working permit for Germany;
- Advanced proficiency in the use of standard MS Office and Internet applications;
- Readiness to work in short- and long-term assignments overseas.
Integrated into a team of employees from all over the world and different backgrounds, we lay the foundation for you to grow and learn within GFA through continuous skills development and further training.
Our flexible working time model and our family-oriented company policy makes it possible for you to reconcile professional and private life. Our workplace in the green outskirts of the vibrant city of Hamburg can easily be reached by public transport for which GFA offers the monthly pass subscription at a reduced price.
The sense of community at GFA is very important to us. We regularly organize social events for people to get to know each other and to exchange.
To apply send your motivation letter and CV by email to Ms. Alvean Fentener at Fentener@gfa-group.de referring to job code MED-DEU20GFA0011/4.
Please note that suitable candidates may be interviewed before the application deadline of 30 September 2020.
Alvean Fentener email@example.com
Please read carefully our CONSENT TO THE USE OF PRIVATE DATA