Junior Professional in Public Health
We are one of the leading German consulting companies working in international development cooperation. At GFA Consulting Group, we strive to catalyse change to improve the quality of life of people around the world. We provide consulting services and implement projects financed through bilateral and multilateral funds. Since 1982, we have been active in more than 130 countries and continuously expand the scope of our work, which currently includes more than ten technical business areas and corresponding departments.
The core business of our health department, GFA Medica, is to support health sector reforms in developing and transition countries.
At present we have a vacancy for a Junior Professional (m/f/d) in Public Health
It’s a full-time position in Hamburg with travels to Africa and Asia with a start envisaged for January 2023.
The new colleague will provide technical support to our on-going projects and support our acquisition activities.
·Assist in the preparation of pre-qualification documents, technical and financial proposals and project management;
·Participate in fact finding missions, feasibility studies or expert assignments
·Establish and maintain excellent networks and professional relationships with our clients, beneficiaries, partner companies or institutions, subcontractors as well as individual experts;
·Contribute to GFA’s knowledge and quality management system.
· A university degree in public health, global health, health sciences, digital health, medical studies or similar;
· Approximately two years of work experience or alternatively three long-term internships in a relevant field;
· First work experience in developing or transition countries;
· First experience with the German or European development cooperation e.g. GIZ, KfW, EuropeAid, and a basic understanding of the strategies and programs of the relevant funding agencies would be an asset;
· Good organizational and writing skills and demonstrated ability to handle multiple tasks;
· Strong negotiation, communication and interpersonal skills, ability to work in teams;
· Full proficiency in German, English and either French (preferably), Russian or Portuguese;
· Advanced proficiency in the use of standard MS Office and Internet applications;
· Readiness to work in short- and long-term assignments overseas.
We work at the heart of International Cooperation; finding solutions to global challenges through our projects and diverse team of employees from all over the world. In this context, we lay the foundation for you to grow and learn within GFA through continuous skills development and further training.
To support a better work-life-balance in our family-oriented company, we offer flexible working hours, home office days, fitness club discounts and a public transport reimbursement program. Our sense of community at work is very important. We regularly organize social events for colleagues.
Please note: suitable candidates may be interviewed before application deadline
Alvean Fentener email@example.com
Please read carefully our CONSENT TO THE USE OF PRIVATE DATA