Junior Professional (m/f/d) in our Energy Department
We make the world a little better...
as a leading European consulting company working in international development cooperation.
Since 1982, we have implemented numerous projects and studies in over 130 countries, focusing on topics of global importance. We are dedicated to improving people’s lives around the world and providing technical advisory services to state and non-state actors.
We promote sustainability in our international projects as well as at our headquarters in Hamburg because we contribute to achieving the world’s Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
Our multinational and multicultural team of professionals is at the heart of our success. If you are passionate about international cooperation and enjoy working in an international environment with space for you to contribute your ideas for a better world, join the GFA team as an open-minded and versatile Junior Professional (m/f/d) and contribute to our mission to provide quality services worldwide.
In the Energy Department, we offer consultancy services related to sustainable energy with a focus on renewable energy, green hydrogen and energy efficiency. Our services include advice on the improvement of legal and institutional frameworks, energy sector studies, development of sustainable energy action plans, private and public sector capacity building for renewable energy and energy efficiency, as well as the preparation and management of project pipelines for the implementation of sustainable energy measures.
Currently, we are extending our Renewable Energy and Power Sector team to be in the forefront of this highly dynamic topic. We look for one Junior Professional who can actively contribute to development and implementation of projects that contain data services.
You work under guidance of a senior consultant with increasing responsibility in the following areas:
- Acquisition of new projects, including elaboration and coordination of technical and financial proposals in the field of sustainable energy, including but not limited to Power Sector Development;
- Work closely with Senior Consultant in the management of ongoing projects and studies (backstopping) on site and Hamburg-based (financial and technical administration, monitoring and evaluation of projects and studies)
- Networking with donor agencies, beneficiaries, partner companies or institutions, subcontractors and experts
- Conducting fact-finding and technical short-term consultancy missions
- Elaboration of reports, concepts and presentations and contribution to knowledge and quality management
- Representing GFA in conferences and seminars.
- University degree (MA) in engineering, engineering management, energy economics, energy policy, environmental sciences, development studies with focus on Renewable Energy or Power Sector.
- 1 - 2 years of relevant work experience (incl. internships) in one or more of the above mentioned fields
- Past work experience in developing countries / in development cooperation will be considered an asset
- Full proficiency in written and spoken English. working knowledge of German is a strong asset; intermediate level in French (B1) or Spanish is an advantage
- Willingness to travel abroad and to remote areas
- Strong writing, communication and presentation skills
- Ability to manage complex situations with a sense of pragmatism
- Ability to work in intercultural teams
We work at the heart of International Cooperation; finding solutions to global challenges through our projects and diverse team of employees from all over the world. In this context, we lay the foundation for you to grow and learn within GFA through continuous skills development and further training.
Our flexible working time model, the possibility to work from home, and our family-orientated company policy facilitate a healthy work-life balance. GFA’s offices are surrounded by nature, despite being easily and quickly accessible from central Hamburg. To promote climate-friendly commuting, we offer a public transport reimbursement program.
The sense of community at GFA is very important to us. We regularly organize social events for people to get to know each other and to provide opportunities for exchange.
Interested candidates should send their complete application (cover letter, CV, copies of diplomas and work certificates or references) by e-mail to Ms Barbara Muratori
Barbara Muratori firstname.lastname@example.org
Please read carefully our Information on our processing of personal data and rights as a job applicant (EN)/ Informationen zur Datenverarbeitung und Rechte als BewerberIn (DE)