Junior Professional (m/f/d) in our Natural Resource Management and Environment Department (Team Eurasia) print
We are one of the leading German consulting companies working in international development cooperation. At GFA Consulting Group, we strive to catalyse change to improve the quality of life of people around the world. We provide consulting services and implement projects financed through bilateral and multilateral funds. Our clients are GIZ, KfW, the European Commission and many others. Since 1982, we have been active in more than 130 countries and continuously expand the scope of our work, which currently includes ten technical business areas and corresponding departments.
In the Natural Resources Management and Environment (NRME) Department, we focus on consultancy services related to sustainable forest management, protected area and national park management, biodiversity conservation, environmental governance, climate change adaptation and mitigation as well as capacity and institutional development and good governance in the forest, natural resource and environment sector in Asia, Europe, Africa and Latin America region.
Join our NRME Department in Hamburg as an open-minded and versatile Junior Professional (m/f/d) and contribute to our mission to provide quality services worldwide.
We are looking for you, an enthusiastic and communicative colleague, who is willing and able to dedicate his/her abilities and networks to the different projects in one of our regional portfolios to manage forest landscapes, actively protect biodiversity and natural resources on different levels e.g. through the collaboration with national partners. The tasks include project conception and management, proposal writing, financial aspects of project management, willingness to acquire new skills.
You work under guidance of a senior consultant with increasing responsibility in the following areas:
- Acquisition of new projects, including elaboration and coordination of technical and financial proposals in the field of natural resources and environment management to actively protect biodiversity and natural resources on all its levels;
- Management of ongoing projects and studies (backstopping) on site and Hamburg-based (financial and technical administration, monitoring and evaluation of projects and studies with a focus on biodiversity conservation, protected area management, environmental governance (incl. marine and coastal zone);
- Networking with donor agencies ( e.g. GIZ, KfW, EU ), beneficiaries, partner companies or institutions, subcontractors and experts;
- Conducting fact-finding and technical short-term consultancy missions;
- Elaboration of reports, concepts and presentations and contribution to knowledge and quality management;
- Representing GFA in conferences and seminars.
- University degree (Master) in Forestry, Nature Conservation, Environmental Sciences, Natural Resource Economics, Geography or related topics;
- 1 - 2 years of relevant work experience in one or more of the above mentioned fields;
- Past work experience in developing countries in particular in Asia and Eastern Europe region;
- Full proficiency in written and spoken English (C2) and German (C2) and at least intermediate level in Russian (B2) is considered an asset;
- First experience with the German (GIZ, KfW) or European development institutions (such as EU) and a basic understanding of the strategies and programmes of the relevant donor agencies would be an asset;
- Willingness to travel abroad and to remote areas in the Eurasia region;
- Strong concept development, writing, communication and presentation skills;
- Advanced proficiency in standard MS Office applications; experience with digital innovations for NRME project management;
- Ability to manage complex situations with a sense of pragmatism;
- Other skills: respectful communication skills, dedicated for conservation, transdisciplinary work experience, responsible acting, pragmatism, improvisation skills, intercultural competence, stress resistance and team player.
What we offer:
We give you the possibility to grow and learn within GFA through our Junior Professional Training Program. After successful completion, we offer you a permanent position as Consultant.
We provide a future-oriented workplace in a multi-cultural environment. We lay the foundation for you to grow and learn within GFA through continuous skills development and further training.
Our flexible working time model and our family-oriented company policy makes it possible for you to reconcile professional and private life. Even though Hamburg is a vibrant city, GFA offices are surrounded by nature. To get here fast and easy we offer a public transport reimbursement program.
The sense of community at GFA is very important to us. We regularly organize social events for people to get to know each other and to exchange.
Please send your application (cover letter with entry date, CV and references/certificates) by e-mail until 21.June 2021 to:
Heike Mainusch email@example.com
Please read carefully our CONSENT TO THE USE OF PRIVATE DATA