Junior Professional (m/f) for our Governance department
GFA Consulting Group is one of the leading German consulting companies within the framework of international development cooperation. Our core business is providing consulting services as well as managing projects financed through bilateral and multilateral funds. Since 1982, GFA has been active in more than 130 countries. Over the years, the company has continuously expanded the scope of its work, which currently includes eleven strategic business areas. In the Governance area we focus on consultancy services related to public sector and administrative reforms, local governance, social protection, rule of law, human rights and civil society.
Our Junior Professional Programme is a 2-year programme designed to enable university graduates with interest and first experience in development cooperation to develop their skills and experience needed to work as professional consultants in this field. We are currently looking for a candidate to support our Governance department.
The Junior Professional will support our on-going projects as well as actively contribute to the acquisition of new contracts. Duty station will be Hamburg, Germany, with frequent travel abroad. Fully integrated into the team of our Governance department, you will work under guidance of a senior consultant and with increasing responsibility in project management functions, technical concept development and strategic business development.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Further development of the Governance department’s portfolio covering a wide range of topics such as public administration reforms, local governance and decentralization, rule of law and human rights, social protection;
- Working on the acquisition process of new projects, including elaboration and coordination of technical and financial proposals in close cooperation with the responsible consultant;
- Technical review of studies and reports;
- Writing of prequalification documents;
- Establishing and maintaining professional contacts as well as networking with clients, partners and sector experts;
- Participating in feasibility and project preparatory studies as well as in short-term consultancy missions;
- Increasing responsibility in project management;
- Writing of reports, concepts and presentations as well as contributing to knowledge and quality management, including GFA publications.
- University degree (Master) in a relevant area (economics, political or social sciences, development studies or related fields)
- 1 - 3 years of relevant work experience in the context of development cooperation is an asset, preferably related to governance
- Full proficiency in written and spoken German, English and French is required, knowledge of Spanish is an asset
- First experience with the German (GIZ, KfW) or European development sector (such as EBRD, Europeaid, EIB) and a basic understanding of the strategies and programmes of the relevant donor agencies would be an asset
- First experience in developing countries
- Strong writing, communication and presentation skills
- Advanced proficiency in standard MS Office applications
- Willingness to frequently travel abroad, including to conflict areas
- Intercultural competence
Interested candidates should send their complete application (cover letter, CV, work references / certificates) only by email to:
GFA Consulting Group GmbH
Tel.: (49) 40 603 06 - 225
Britta Müller-Matthesius Mueller-Matthesius@gfa-group.de
Please read carefully our CONSENT TO THE USE OF PRIVATE DATA