GFA Consulting Group is one of the leading German consulting companies within the framework of international development cooperation. Our core business is providing consulting services as well as managing projects financed through bilateral and multilateral funds. Since 1982, GFA has been active in more than 130 countries. Over the years, the company has continuously expanded the scope of its work, which currently includes ten strategic business areas.
In the energy area we focus on consultancy services related to advice on energy policies including regulatory and institutional framework for sustainable energy, development of sustainable energy action planes, capacity development for demand-side management of energy in private and public sectors, preparation and management of project pipelines for implementation of sustainable energy measures, rural electrification and development of electricity markets.
For our head office in Hamburg/Germany, we are currently looking for an open-minded Junior Professional (m/f/d) to join our Energy Department, who will contribute towards achieving the company’s objectives.
As a Junior Professional you will work under guidance of an experienced consultant with increasing responsibility in the areas of project management, acquisition and strategic business development in the energy sector with a particular focus on the fields of energy policies and capacity development.
The duty station will be Hamburg, with frequent travel to developing and threshold countries world wide
Key responsibilities will include:
- Working on the acquisition process of new projects, including elaboration and coordination of technical and financial proposals in close cooperation with the responsible consultant;
- Technical review of studies and reports;
- Writing of prequalification documents;
- Establishing and maintaining regular professional contacts as well as networking with clients, partners and sector experts;
- Participating in feasibility and project preparatory studies as well as in short-term consultancy missions;
- Increasing responsibility in project management;
- Writing of reports, concepts and presentations as well as contributing to knowledge and quality management, including GFA publications;
- Active participation in and contributions to cross-departmental Technical Working Groups in Energy and Climate sectors
- University degree (Master) in a relevant area, such as engineering, economics, environmental sciences, development studies with focus on energy sector
- First professional experience in the context of energy sector is an asset
- Full proficiency in written and spoken English and working knowledge of German and French or Spanish is a prerequisite;
- First experience with the German development cooperation (GIZ, KfW) or European development sector (such as EBRD, EuropeAid, EIB) and a basic understanding of the strategies and programmes of the relevant donor agencies would be an asset;
- Strong writing, communication and presentation skills;
- Advanced proficiency in standard MS Office applications;
- Willingness to frequently travel abroad;
- Intercultural competence
- A future-oriented work place in a multi-cultural environment with a strong focus on values and the joint aim to provide the best possible solutions for our clients and partners in the developing world;
- A responsible and team-oriented position with diversified tasks and a long-term perspective;
- Continuous skills development and further training;
- A comprehensive set of benefits, e.g. family-oriented company policy, fitness club discounts, public transport reimbursement program, flexible working hours;
- A companywide sustainability concept;
- Events for and with employees.
Curious to get to know GFA?
Interested candidates should send their complete application (cover letter, CV, work references / certificates) and their fees expectation with the Job Code "ENY-DEU19GFA0249/2" as subject by email to:
Mr. Le Navenec Clément
GFA Consulting Group GmbH
Tel.: (49) 40 603 06 - 226
Clement Le Navenec Le-Navenec@gfa-group.de
Please read carefully our CONSENT TO THE USE OF PRIVATE DATA