Junior Software Developer (m/f/d) in Digital Innovation Unit
We make the world a little better as a leading European consulting company working in international development cooperation.
Since 1982, we have implemented numerous projects and studies in over 130 countries, focusing on topics of global importance. We are dedicated to improving people’s lives around the world and providing technical advisory services to state and non-state actors.
We promote sustainability in our international projects as well as at our headquarters in Hamburg because we contribute to achieving the world’s Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
Our multinational and multicultural team of professionals is at the heart of our success. If you are interested in international cooperation and enjoy working in an international environment with space for you to contribute your ideas for a better world, join the GFA team as Junior Software Developer (m/f/d) in our Digital Innovation Unit.
Digital technologies play a strong role in our services and our ambition to deliver excellence for our clients. Fully endorsing the Digital Principles, we believe that digital technologies are a key platform and medium for advancing international development. Our vision is to empower people through technology. We are convinced that the digital-human interface can provide solutions to a variety of sustainable development challenges.
We are seeking a motivated Junior Software Developer to join our Digital Innovation Unit, who will be supporting the development and implementation of software solutions for our clients in the development cooperation field. As a member of our team, you will collaborate with project teams to identify requirements, design and develop software solutions, and support project implementation, under the guidance of senior developers.
- Contribute to the development of high-quality software solutions using TypeScript, Angular, Node.js, Docker, and git, in accordance with industry best practices.
- Work closely with project teams to understand requirements
- Collaborate with other developers and stakeholders to design and implement software solutions that meet project goals and deadlines.
- Ensure the quality of software by conducting testing, code reviews, and continuous integration and delivery.
- Participate in the maintenance and enhancement of existing software applications.
- Stay up-to-date with emerging technologies and trends, and share knowledge with team members and stakeholders.
- At least 1 year of experience in software development is an advantage. Recent graduates are encouraged to apply as well.
- Good command of some of the following: TypeScript, Angular, Node.js, Docker, and git
- Fluent in English, both written and spoken.
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to work in a team-oriented environment.
- Ability to work independently.
- Knowledge of French is a plus.
- Knowledge of any of the following technologies is a plus: World Bank Survey Solutions, Apache Superset, Other Apache data stack tools, Kubernetes, Keycloak, and Python.
- MA in informatics or related field is a plus.
- Willingness to travel to developing countries for short-term assignments.
We work at the heart of International Cooperation; finding solutions to global challenges through our projects and diverse team of employees from all over the world. In this context, we lay the foundation for you to grow and learn within GFA through continuous skills development and further training.
Our flexible working time model, the possibility to work from home, and our family-orientated company policy facilitate a healthy work-life balance. GFA’s offices are surrounded by nature, despite being easily and quickly accessible from central Hamburg. To promote climate-friendly commuting, we offer a public transport reimbursement program.
The sense of community at GFA is very important to us. We regularly organize social events for people to get to know each other and to provide opportunities for exchange.
Please send your application (cover letter, CV, copies of diplomas and work certificates or references) by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
Andrii Makrushyn Makrushyn@gfa-group.de
Please read carefully our Information on our processing of personal data and rights as a job applicant (EN)/ Informationen zur Datenverarbeitung und Rechte als BewerberIn (DE)