The project aims at enhancing efficiency and effectiveness of the agricultural advisory services system in Azerbaijan thereby enabling it to better respond to current and future challenges in the agriculture sector in a sustainable and collaborative manner. To this end, it will assist the Government of Azerbaijan and service providers in rural areas to better understand and adopt operational systems, processes and services that are more focused, targeted and relevant to increasing farm incomes while protecting and enhancing the natural environment - amongst others by developing and promoting a Code of Good Agricultural Practice.
The project is part of the “Integrated Regional Development of Azerbaijan” programme (IRDA).
The proposed Key Expert 2 will mainly work in close cooperation with the agricultural advisory services and plan and implement capacity building measures on different fields in the sphere of agriculture. Specific tasks will be to upgrade the skills of agricultural advisers as well as improve collaboration between service providers in the country.
- At least Master’s degree in a relevant discipline such as agricultural economics, agriculture, horticulture, or other relevant field related to this contract
- Professional experience of at least 10 years but preferably 15 years working in the area of research and development or education & training or provision of advice in the agriculture and/or rural development sector;
- Professional experience acquired while working in the agriculture and/or rural development sector in EU member state(s) and country(ies) covered by the IPA regulation and/or former Soviet Union Country(ies) is an asset
- At least 5 years professional experience in agricultural advisory service development and/or delivery while working as full time staff member of an agricultural advisory service.
- In the past 5 years at least two assignments as short term expert or one assignment as key expert/component leader for agricultural advisory services in a technical assistance project or twinning.
- In the past 5 years professional experience in developing training content and/or delivering training to agricultural advisors is an asset
- In the past 5 years professional experience in having developed and/or delivered agricultural advisory services targeting smaller farmers or agricultural cooperation structures or farming communities is an asset
- Professional experience in service development and/or delivery while working for an agricultural advisory service in an EU member state is an asset.
- Fluency in both written and spoken English;
- Azerbaijani, Russian or Turkish would be an asset.
Regine Reuter firstname.lastname@example.org
Please read carefully our CONSENT TO THE USE OF PRIVATE DATA