The overall objective of the programme is to contribute to the enhancement of accountable governance in Rwanda by promoting citizen participation and mobilisation for delivery of de-velopment, strengthening public accountability and improving service delivery.
|The Programme Management Expert shall strengthen the capacity of the supported institutions and ministries, as well as line ministry staff implementing other EDF programmes. Also if need be he/she will provide support to the NAO Support Unit to timely and efficiently manage, coordinate and monitor EU external assistance channelled through the European Development Fund (EDF). |
The Programme Management Expert is expected to support the institutions implementing EDF programmes and the NAO Support Unit for a successful completion of the following activities:
Education and Skills:
- An advanced university degree (MA/MSc) in Economics, Business and/or Public Administra-tion, Development Studies or a related discipline. First university degree with significant years of experience (minimum 15) in relevant capacity development programmes may be considered in lieu of the advanced degree.
- Excellent oral communication and report writing skills in English. A working capability in French is a strong added advantage.
- Excellent communications skills
- At least 15 years of professional experience in project management, particularly in public sec-tor institutions. At least five years of this experience must have been in a developing country outside the country of origin.
- Proven experience in undertaking capacity need assessments and the development of training plans.
- Proven experience in the development of training materials especially as it relates to the training on EDF rules, PCM, M&E and other related topics.
- Previous experience of preparation and implementation of donor funded (including EU) programmes.
- Proven experience with the EDF contractual and financial procedures, particularly with regard to Programme Estimates.
- Experience working in the area of democratic governance and/or rule of law will be an ad-vantage
- Experience working in/supporting the NAO Office in an ACP country will be an advantage.
Please read carefully our CONSENT TO THE USE OF PRIVATE DATA