Key Expert 2 - Expert in policies, institutional and regulatory framework of the energy sector (440 WDs)
The project will promote Sustainable Energy in Tajikistan by supporting the institutional, legal and regulatory environment in the energy sector, improving the capacities and efficiency of the Ministry of Energy and Water Resources (MoEWR), Barqi Tajik operators (BT Generation, Transmission Operator and System Operators), as well as the Electricity Regulation Department of the Antimonopoly Service. This will make the electricity market fairer and more transparent, based on non-discriminatory and cost-reflective tariffs and thus attractive for the private sector, and able to cope with the requirements of an efficient regional power market. The project will enhance the interaction and coordination between energy and water sector stakeholders, and support activities that will reduce greenhouse gas emissions and improve climate change adaptation.
The Key Expert 2 is involved in the project mostly during the first two years of the project. The Key Expert 2 accepts the overall responsibility for the activities of Sub-Task 1.1 “To support MoEWR in enhancing policy development, as well as organisational, and implementation capacity”; Sub-Task 1.2 “To enhance inter-sectoral communication and cooperation in electricity and water sectors, along with the MoEWR internal communication and coordination”; Sub-Task 1.3 “To enhance Policy - Strategy - Planning Frameworks for the Green Transition of the Electricity Market”; Sub-Task 2.1 “Review and strengthen the Legal, Institutional, Regulatory and Technical Frameworks (Support to the MoEWR)”; Sub-Task 2.2 “Review the organization and structure of the independent Electricity Regulator and reinforce its capacities to strengthen the Electricity Regulatory Framework in Tajikistan (Support to the Electricity Regulator). During the third and fourth year of the project, the Key Expert 1 “Sustainable Energy Expert” supported by the Key Expert 3 “Power Engineer and Electricity Utility Expert” will undertake the overall responsibility for maintaining the results of these activities.
- Post-secondary degree in economics, regulation, law, business administration, engineering or equivalent followed by a Master’s Degree or equivalent (in any field).
- She/he should have at least a level of C1 in the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages in written and oral communication in English and Russian. A good command in Tajik would be an asset.
- Advanced communication skills (demonstrated e.g. through public speaking, delivering presentations or interventions and/or moderating in conferences/events; drafting reports)
- Advanced IT skills (MS Office tools).
- At least 12 years of professional experience in the field of energy.
- At least 7 years of experience related to the policy and regulatory framework of the energy sector (e.g. electricity codes, tariff policies, renewable energy and/or energy efficiency regulation and support schemes, electricity planning and masterplans, unbundling processes, support to regulatory authorities, mini-grid or independent production regulation, energy access masterplans, energy statistics, energy markets), some of which shall be in Central Asia.
- Working experience in a national or regional regulatory authority, in an energy ministry or in the commercial/legal part of a utility is an asset.
- Provision of technical assistance related to sustainable energy for international organisations and/or International Finance Institutions (IFIs) and/or sustainable energy agencies is an asset.
- Minimum 3 years of professional experience in capacity building and/or training positions sharing EU policies with non-EU countries under EU-funded project is required.
- Having participated in minimum 4 outreach activities to disseminate practices and experiences (e.g international conferences, workshops, study tours, training, etc.) related to sustainable energy issues in non-EU countries. Must have experience on similar assignments of minimum 2 reference long term projects (minimum 1 year each).
Severine Rix email@example.com
Please read carefully our Information on our processing of personal data and rights as a job applicant (EN)/ Informationen zur Datenverarbeitung und Rechte als BewerberIn (DE)